February 14, 2009

Last Shot.

As dictated by Faranza Syns

A shot I missed. Pun intended. For those of you who came to school today, and saw me re-enter class after just a few minutes of leaving it, you'll understand the pun.

_______________________________


Valentine's.

The first person to say it to me was Yin. Aww, thank you, honey. You are the best. Mind, Yin said it to me the night before Val's.

Then, during duty, I was (by some twisted quirk of fate) standing beside Alysha. And she wished me a Happy Valentine's, right out of the blue. It caught me off-guard. But thanks, Aly. You sweet thing. Haha.

And then... well... who else?

Ah, yes. My darling Marc. Mind you, he uses the term "Valentine gift" very loosely. I can't believe my first Valentine's gift was a not-so lantern. In other words, it's something disposable and currently has no use except for decorating the top of the lockers (where I dumped the thing after Marc walked away).

Marc: *hands me Shirtliff lantern*
Me: ... What the?
Marc: Happy Valentine's!
Me: ... *speechless*
Marc: How about my present?
Me: *still speechless*
Marc: Ah, maybe that book you promised to write about me. When's it gonna be finished?
Me: *snaps out of disbelief* Maybe when you're 60.
Marc: What?! I want to be alive when the book comes out.
Me: Well, at least people will remember you through my book. *grin*
Marc: But I want them to remember me while I'm alive!



*Sigh*. Great. Tiring, but good nonetheless.



___________________________


Congratulations to my Shaney! Haha. Ooh, gosh, sweetie, who knew you could jump so high.


Syarifah: Shane, can you jump over me?
Shane: Sure!
Syarifah: Can you jump over Farhana?
Shane: Sure!
Syarifah: You know, with Farhana making the seductive look...
Shane & Me: HOI!


When he couldn't break the school record, I was pretty worried he'd beat himself up. And so, there I was, at the canteen when I saw him. Believe me, I was pretty worked up and was more than ready to console him. But when he reached me, he was smiling.


Me: *was about to speak*
Shane: *wiggles eyebrows* not bad ah?
Me: What did you get?
Shane: Third place.
Me: That's good!


I was pretty excited for him. Gawd, Shane, I have to borrow your positivity one day. You're brilliant.

Happy Val's sweetie!


While talking to Shane about my foiled chance of joining shot putt, he was pretty understanding. But Eugene was not so.


Me: *explaining to Shane what happened*
Shane: *pats my shoulder, giving the 'it's ok' look.*
Eugene: Ah, you wouldn't have won anyways.


That was a mean shot, and you know it, Eugene Chang. That was kicking me senseless when I was writhing on the ground.

Gawd, you're blunt.

And for that, I now resign from my post as your vice-president for the fencing club. I'll go on a strike and not help you with dealing with the members. You can call the coach yourself, too. And deal with the board. Hmmph. Good luck.

Haha.



Conclusion? Valentine's this year is damned colourful. It was beautiful, bitter, and sweet. My kind of day.


5 Stages of Grief:

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

It was a seamless transition.

0 comments: