February 1, 2009

Don't tempt me; your lithe swagger, hip-shot stance, black hair and leather jacket.

As dictated by Faranza Syns

I can't help this smile -- this maddeningly infectious smile--from spreading like warm sunshine upon my face at the thought of you.

In my dreams that is.

Yes, you were wearing a pair of hip-hugging jeans. A leather jacket. Hands in pockets, you walked my way.

Just moments before, you held on to me, asking me if I were fine, knowing that I was not.

You said I was strong. That I will get over it all. That I will brave through the odds and I will turn out fine.

And I find myself wanting to believe you. For once, I felt ... released. Thank you.

Then, for a while, you disappeared. When I saw you again, I was ... deeply touched, to the deepest core of my emotions, by how strong you were by my side. Your strength strengthened me. It was a scary, novel, illuminating feeling. But it was beautiful.

Thank you.

We made a great team. I wished we'd still have this... bond we have, years from now.

Then, you turned your head, looked at me. You smiled. And I can't believe how easily I lose all over again.

You walked this way. I smiled. You smiled.

Funny how dreams could be that perfect.

Love, come out of my dreams. I need you here. Not there; here, deep in my heart.

I need your strength. Your support, your presence.

You. Just you.


With all my heart,


Danielle O'Connor.

0 comments: