February 11, 2009

Couldn't Get Better

As dictated by Faranza Syns

I was on the verge of being emo. Somehow, I got saved by a song.

It's pathetic, really, but thank God I didn't actually surrender to utter helplessness and stupid moroseness.

Life is too damned short for me to act like I don't care. It's too damn long for me to suffer, to torture myself. It's too wide a world for me to be hung up over something so small. It's too soon for me to consider suicide, so yes, that rules that one out.

Because no matter how sucky it gets, you can always count on one thing in life as a pick-me-up.

A friend.

A cousin.

A stranger.

A song.

Choose one of the many variations of a wailing wall in life. They are there for you. If one isn't at hand, there will always be others. You don't dump everything at one place alone-- it gets crowded after a while.

So climb up a cliff and shout your aching heart out. Or lock the door and dance till you ache all over. Or grab a paper, and pour it all out. Maybe after that, you'll find your catharsis.

Life couldn't get better (hey~)
I'll hold you in my arms and fly
We'll fly towards the blue moon (ho~)
I'll kiss you when you're sleeping
Life couldn't get better (hey~)
Open your heart and take my hand
Life couldn't get better

-Miracle, Super Junior

It's Korean, but the sound was beautiful. Upbeat. Cheerful. A heart-mender. It made me smile.

Smiling too little is a sin. How can you not smile all the chance you get? Life wouldn't get any better if you were always so sour. Life wouldn't get any better if you were too cynical. Life would definitely not get any better if you had a stick shoved up your heinie. So, take a deep breath, and take a peek at the bright side. If you like it, maybe you could stay. I would love you to stay.


You've changed my ordinary life (a holiday)
And all the people in the world look happy (I wanna thank you baby)

______________________________


Life's too short for me to pine away after one obtuse man who seems to never get the drift. So forgive me if I get over you; it's crucial for my peace of mind.

Thank you, Abz, for making me feel appreciated. *Muahx - kisses!*

Thanks to Ames (pronounced Aims, darling) for being there, an unconditional wall for me to lean on. For me to crack my preggers jokes on. Thank you.

Thanks, to you, you and you, for being part of my life. I wouldn't replace you for all the "lewd" novels in the world.


Life's one hell of rollercoaster ride;
If you give up half-way, I'd call you out and deem you a coward.

0 comments: