February 8, 2009

It'll be hard to let it go. I know.

As dictated by Faranza Syns



What you see here, is my planner. Yes, bloody colourful, isn't it?

And it scared the shittake mushrooms out of me.

The Blue Zone is school days. I could usually put aside 1 hour on those days for studying, in case the school workload is too much.

The Red/Pink Zone is when I must--MUST--put aside 4 hours of studying. Say bye-bye to holidays.

The Green Zone is 'Intensive Period'. No, not the time of the month--PMS is irrelevant in SPM...although it does have the same letters. I digress. It's a time approaching examinations. And naturally, it's the hair-pulling, meal-skipping, sleep-sacrificing time of the year. No to mention caffeine-abusing time. Great fun, really.

Lastly, the Orange Zone -- let's call it the Hot Zone, shall we? Notice that the Hot Zone comes close after the Green Zone? Yes, Hot Zone is the examination weeks. Interventions, Diagnostics, Trials and lastly, SPM.

As me and my mother colour-coded the planner, I was nearly suffocating with tears-- and the natural panic. When you lay it out like this-- stark and straightforward-- there's no way you can miss how little time you have left.

Based on rough calculations, I have around 300+ hours of studying left. I put aside 2 hours for each chapter for M.Maths, AddMaths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agama and Sejarah-- one hour to study a chapter, and another hour for exercises. After much calculation, it is found that to finish all my syllabus, I need 344 hours.

Not enough time. That's when I really felt desperate.

By the time it hits trials, I'm doomed. No more studying after trials. I should get it all done by then. Forgive me if I panic, because this is a very panic-worthy moment.




Which resulted in a very reflexive course of action: studying.

Ohh, OMG, I just got a text from Mei Yin:

Start studyin now ar?


Yes, NOW. OMG, we have barely a five days till the 1st Intervetion. Granted, Mrs. Yeo did say "At first, it was like a full-blown exam, but after a while, people couldn't give shit about it."

Okay, I was paraphrasing in a very violent way, but I am trying catch some attention here.

I am doomed. And here comes the cliche part: Why didn't I start studying earlier? Why did I waste so much time on stupid things? Gawd.

Mei Yin just replied.

MY: I'm studyin Bio. But then rite, u think you can finish studyin?
Me: I don't think we can =/
MY:Then how? I scared history la. My brain gonna explode soon. Hopefully timetable come out Tue.



OMG, History. I am so shittake-fied.

Why the friggin hell didn't the teachers finish our syllabus last year? Some gave lousy explanations and some said "oh, but I DID finish the syllabus! I did!"

Urgh, may you burn in purgatory. *gasp* Blasphemy! Forgive me.

Wait, what am I doing here? Blogging?

Goodbye, people.


____________________________



Child: *waves to friend* Goodbye!
Father: Don't say goodbye. Say I'll see you tomorrow. Or I'll see you soon. Goodbye is for long periods. Or if you won't ever be seeing that person again. I'll see you soon is more appropriate.
Child: I guess I shouldn't say goodbye?
Father: Not if you really need to.




Don't get me wrong-- I love you. But does that mean I have to meet your father? When we are older you'll understand what I meant when I said no. I don't think life is quite that simple.

Wish I could prove I love you. But does that mean I have to walk on water? When we are older you'll understand it's enough when I say so. Maybe some things are that simple.

Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't scare me at all.


Simple and Clean - English Version,
Utada Hikaru
Kingdom Hearts.



“It was a mistake to ever let you become the family’s physician. You have no bedside manners at all,” Luccane said.


Erika paused, and turned, a blank stare on her face.“And we’d all die of heartbreak and ego-battery without my non-existent compassion. Now, that would be extremely bad. It nearly drives me to tears.”

0 comments: