February 21, 2009

Broken Streak

As dictated by Faranza Syns

When we say Shirtliff, You say Yeah!
Shirtliff,
Yeah!
Shirtliff,
Yeah!
Who are we?


SHIRTLIFF!


When the sky was still painted with dark colours of the dawn, streaked by little strips of light...

Ah, tosh. I don't want to talk about poetry. We have time enough for that.

Shirtliff started off the day with low, down-in-the-slums spirit. There Ruz was, holding the"Scream!" sign. And me, I saw it, and was the only one screaming, obliging her. And Ruz, seeing me scream alone, screamed along. At that awkward moment, we laughed it all off, taking it in good spirits. But all the other Shirtliff-ians were still rather slow to react.

We sorta broke the "Dynamite!" chant chain. Oh but oh well, Maclay didn't finish off the chain as well.

Marc and Chi Hoe were late. There we were, all going into hystericals when no one could find Chi Hoe nor Marc. For the "lintas hormat", Marc was supposed to be the flag bearer and Chi Hoe the mascot. So you can see how panicked we became when they were no where remotely near the field.

And then the procession had started moving. The committee members and the form fives were already tearing their hair out.

Until Marc suddenly came streaking across the field, running on his long, strong legs. One rarely calls a pair of legs majestic, but as we saw him dart across the field, I fell in love with his legs. Gahha. That's just wrong. But at times of panic, things happen.

And then, we saw Chi Hoe follow suit. Egad, I never knew Chi Hoe can look so hot in samurai get-up and look cool while running as fast as he could to catch up with the procession.

During exam, I was sitting at the back and consequently, near the window. In the mornings, it gets bitingly hot, and it doesn't help that the fan is so far away. So there I was, sprawled across my table, Chi Hoe sitting in front of me, his body half-turned towards the side.

Me: *moans* Chi Hoe~
CH: Hmm?
Me: It's so hot.
CH: *blinks* Oh. Really?
Me: *straight-face* It's because you're so hot.
CH: Oh, thank you!

Anyways, Chi Hoe did his performance as mascot in a debonair manner. Well, that was what I saw from far. I can't vouch for it, though.

Took pictures with Yin.

Yin: OMG, you look so pretty.


Aww, thank you, my wife. I'm glad I married you. You sexy thing, you.

The kawad team did well enough. Don't worry, my dears, you have many years to go yet. You can't give up. Have faith and hope. Keep the spirit up. You stumble and fall before you're able to walk and run. It takes time. Just don't give up. Make your seniors, you commanders, your supporters, your Sports housemates proud. Keep trying. Failing is not the fullstop to tales of legends. There will always be the tales of glory to be told. Do not lose faith, do not let the fact that you failed now pull you down till you can't reach out to the glowing chance of the future. You are strong, and you know it.


___________________________



Marc seemed pretty darned tired. Oh, my poor sweetheart. Due to our somewhat volatile relationship (har har), I didn't dare to approach him earlier. But later on, he cheered up some and could crack a few jokes.


Marc: *takes off cap, catches my eye*
Me: *stares back, smiling*
Marc: *grins* So, do I look handsome? *fixes hair*
Me: *makes lovestruck face* Very, my dear. Very. I've fallen in love.



When it was time for the medals to be handed out to winners, me, Amanda and Pei Yuen were sitting under my umbrella, near Chu Meng.

Amanda: My skin is burning.
Me: *gives wry look* Don't complain. Chu is sitting under the direct sun. His skin is burning, too.
Chu: *corrects* My skin is boiling.



Everytime Pn. Norsyam announced a winner named Farhana, Chu Meng would look at me.

On P.A: Pemenang untuk acara **********, Farhana, dari rumah Cooke!
Chu Meng: *looks my way pointedly*
On P.A: Dan untuk acara **********, pemenang pingat ******** ialah Farhana, dari rumah Cooke!
Chu Meng: *looks my way again*
Me: CAN WE PLEASE STOP LOOKING AT ME EVERYTIME THE NAME FARHANA IS CALLED?
Chu Meng: *Laughs*



We won quite a few medals. I'm proud of Shirtliff. We've unearthed quite a few talented athletes, people whom we've never expected to be quite so talented. Oh, and lookie, Alia, you've won a medal! Haha. Looks, like the pep talk from your aunt worked, eh?

Although we lost, at least we're not last. That nasty streak has been broken.

Next up: CHAMPION!

Come on, Shirtliff, don't give up on hope! We've many years yet to come! You can do it!


Just because you've fallen, it doesn't mean that you're too broken to stand up again.

Just because you've lost, it's no excuse to forget the way you've once roared.


0 comments: