September 30, 2008

Editor, Oh Editor

As dictated by Faranza Syns


My heart and soul; my half of the moon.


On national standards, my english is considered "less than mediocre". Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not the WordsMaster.

;p

_____________________________________

I have just got a brilliant idea on a story. Alas, I can't actually pursue that endeavour, since I haven't even finished Parting Oceans, and Soverna Grounds. Mirricae is only half-way typed and I can't seem to envision it being complete any time soon.

The title is "Half of The Moon". Catchy? Maybe not, but I laid out the plot to Amanda, and she said it was quite interesting. She wanted to read it too -- very shocking considering that she seemed to think everything I write is boring and typical.

Yay! ^_^

It's purely fantasy, and has a tinge of myth, although it's not the myths we've ever heard before. The rating is PG-13 (sorry to disappoint Amanda XD), but it is hilarious. The guy is, to put it in plain terms, addicted to copulating. Laugh now, Yin; I know you understand. Whenever the male sees a girl, he starts wanting to do "it". Which is rather frustrating for him since he can't control himself. Actually, I'm changing this part. Instead of wanting to do "it", he falls into a silly stupor of love whenever he encounters a female. He goes all romantic and trails the girl everywhere--which would have pleased the girl if he would just fall in love with her long enough. But no, whenever he saw another female, he fell in love all over again. It was an embarrassing thing since he even spoke words of love to women twice his age. Or triple. Or maybe... well, you get what I mean.

This version is tamer, but more silly, no?

And so, to prevent himself from falling in love with anything and everything, he grudgingly sought help from his parents who, quite humorously cried with joy when their son finally admitted he needed help. Thus, they gave him directions to meet an Apothecary.

It was a far journey, so instead of looking for that apothecary in particular, he tried the ones closer to home. None managed to concoct anything that could even help him; he even fell in love with half of them.

Finally annoyed at her brother's pig-headedness, the hero's sister kicked her brother and ordered him to see the Apothecary-- THE Apothecary.

So, the hero went in search of the apothecary who lived "hidden". He was told by his parents that the Apothecary could make a brew so powerful, it would cure him. The other apothecaries couldn't without the risk of killing him in the process.

The Apothecary on the other hand, was powerful but "cursed to seclusion". Her house is hidden and she loved it that way. But whenever she walks out of her house, the moon never shines.

When the hero finally managed to persuade her to help him, she stated her stipulations. They were simple, but perplexing:

"I will give you a potion; but in return, you will have to let me see the moon for one whole night. If you fail to pay me in this form, you will have to go away, and forget of my existance completely."

Half of the Moon? Get the flow? ;p

But anyway, I'm still forming the story. I kinda gave Amanda the prologue of it. This one's just the draft, so it's not that interesting. But I'd really love some response to this.

=_=''... somehow I doubt I'll get any. But that's just me being pessimistic.


~~~~~


Baedon: I can't give you the moon, but I can give you my heart.
Caelynn: I don't need your heart.
Baedon: But I need to give it to you. It doesn't belong to me anymore.



A.N: These are all mine. ;p I'd appreciate it if you didn't copy the ideas. Plagiarism just shows you've no backbone.


Out of my heart, into your head.

0 comments: