November 16, 2008

Release It.

As dictated by Faranza Syns

I've been self-centered lately.

Yes, I just realised that. It's pretty hard to focus on the things revolving around you when you're so stressed and tensed.

But, I think I promised someone something. And for once I want to fulfill that promise. Just this promise.


Afzan




The girl who sat beside Nik when I first entered agama class in form 2.

At the time, I have to admit since I wasn't so close to anyone, I was hogging Nik's attention. Then, I saw and noticed that she mixed with someone else, too. My recollections of the series of events are pretty vague. But I think me and Afzan hit it off when I was shoved bewilderedly into 3 Amanah.

I remember the times when we made impromptu jokes of "Yeo, what's up!".

I said it first. Then, realising I had made an accidental joke, looked at Afzan to see if she caught my meaning.

We looked at each other, and laughed our arse off. Like we understood each other so well.

Afzan, you can see into the deep recesses of my mind, read every thought, see every nuance. You're amazing.

We even love Britney together, and hate Justin Timberlake plus KFed together.

I remember the times when I was still shaken by "The Bastard's 'Girlfriend's' Threat" and you comforted me. Heck, you got mad on my behalf instead of ridiculing me. When I cried, you just gave me a tight hug. And that just made me want to cry even harder. But it's a great feeling, knowing you're there. Knowing no matter how bad it gets, I can always turn to you and steal a moment to release my sorrows.

But in my selfish endeavour, I forgot to think about you. I forgot that you have feelings yourself. That you have other friends. That you have your own anger and sorrow to vent.

I'm sorry if I wasn't there when you needed me. I'm a selfish person, so I won't make any promises. But I can try to be there when you need me. I'm no psychic (although sometimes I do fancy myself that), so I need you to give me a sign, and the green light.

And I'll be there like a shot.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm intruding. You have your closer friends. And I sometimes feel like they have a better claim on you.

But that doesn't matter.

You're still the greatest friend I can have.

When you feel like screaming out, don't hold it in. Just scream. And maybe put a pillow on it. Wouldn't want to alert the neighbours, you know. ;p

Babe, you're a smart person.

You're thoughtful.

You're cheerful.

You bring everyone's spirit up even when you don't have to.

You cry quietly.

You keep to yourself.

We are all exposed to you.

Now I'm wondering if you can open up just a bit of yourself and show it to us?

We love you.

Don't hide away.


Crash and Burn - Savage Garden



When you feel all alone,
And the world has turned its back on you,
Give me a moment please,
To tame your wild, wild heart.

I know you feel like the wall are closing in on you,
It's hard to find relief,
And people can be so cold.

When darkness is upon your door,
And you feel like you can't take anymore,

Let me be the one you call,
If you jump I'll break your fall,
Lift you up and fly away with you into the night.

If you need to fall apart,
Well, I can mend a broken heart,
If you need to crash,
Then crash and burn,
You're not alone.

When you feel all alone,
And a loyal friend is hard to find,
You're caught in a one way street,
With the monsters in your head,

When hopes and dreams are far away
And you feel like you can't face the day,

Let me be the one you call,
If you jump, I'll break your fall,
Lift you up and fly away with you into the night.

If you need to fall apart,
Well, I can mend a broken heart,
If you need to crash,
Then crash and burn,
You're not alone.

Cuz there has always been heartache and pain,
And when it's over you'll breathe again.

Bold




Even when the world hates you,
When the sky weeps for you,
When the thunder laughs at you,
There will always be,
These crazy people who love you.



0 comments: