November 19, 2008

M.O.

As dictated by Faranza Syns

Amanda surprised me mildly with her words.

"I think I need a boyfriend."

Don't we all know it? Lol. Well, I think it's a big part of "want" and a small part of "need". I'll survive without them, thank you very much. There are many other ways to "distract" us mortal being from our boyfriend-less existence. Cue, sarcasm. *rolls eyes*.

Having a boyfriend isn't really a matter of life and death. And to me, it's no big deal if I have a boyfriend or not. It's not like I can cuddle up to him if I wanted to anyways. And I have a sinking feeling they might be too insufferable for my patience. I have sisters, and an overbearing brother. I know how it feels to be bossed around.

Of course, I do most of the bossing around. I have a feeling my brother just gives in because I'm his sister. =_=''... And that I usually boss around in a very matter-of-fact kind of way. Hmm... =_=''... sweat...

The other day, my sister was complaining about something, and comparing her condition with other people's. My brother, who was on a mission to better his English, looked over at my sister and said in an amused voice, "The grass is greener on the other side, my dear sister."

I was reading something. Without looking up from my book, I said "Technically, that's wrong. If you're saying the grass is greener on the other side, you're saying everyone else's luck is better than Jaz's. I don't think that'll help her feel better much."

He sputtered at my calm words. "I meant that sarcastically."

"No," I said matter-of-factly. "You sounded amused." You sounded like you were sure of what you thought you said. I continued reading, like I didn't care.

"No, but you see--"

And so, we argued. Eventually, it came down to this:

"Oh, so if you make a mistake I can't correct you?"

He was speechless.

"Okay, fine." And as calmly as I managed, I got back to my reading, and forgot everything about it.

He went quiet as well.

After a while, when mom called us to dinner, he apologized.

"Farhana, about just now, I'm sorry."

"It doesn't matter."

So you see, I can be really tough to live with. He might be going to America, so that's the reason for the sudden compulsion to better his english.

Truth to be told, it's more entertaning if I correct him than if his pals-to-be laughed their arses off at him. At least if I correct him, I get to humiliate him, not some faceless, tactless stranger. It's called twisted sibling-tenderness. Lol. Okay, no offence to my big brother. I love him in a way. My mode of operation is a bit wrong, but then again...

When I correct you, it shows that I listen, doesn't it?


Sometimes it's hard to listen.

0 comments: