November 8, 2008

Just Around the Corner

As dictated by Faranza Syns

*Sigh* I wanna meet my one true love

Just around the corner.

Wouldn't it be terribly romantic if I had stumbled right into him unaawares, disoriented, in a rush?

Okay, I did stumble into my crush around the corner once. And let me tell you...

It was terribly romantic then. Haha.

Well, what I mean by romantic is the rapid beating of my heart. But then again, he felt nothing, and we apologised, walked away. In a flustered way. Well, I was flustered. He had a dopey look on his face.

Pity. Haha.

He's still around. *wink wink* try to figure out who he is. I bet you guys could never guess.






______________________________


You got me feeling maudlin, Afzy. That's unfair. You're making me want to study Agama.

Afzy's been rehearsing her "Goodbye-Alpha-I'll-Never-See-You-Again" speech.

Maybe it's time for me to rehearse it, too.

But I don't think I'll get any rehearsing done. I'll be too busy feeling blue. So I'll just sit back and ride the waves. (o_O... okay, that sounds WRONG). Haha.

I can't say things won't change, because the only thing doesn't change is change.

I'll miss everyone. It'll be different without you guys.

I remember when my name first got called to go to 3 Amanah.

Initial reaction: WHAT THE HELL?! *I don't wanna go...*

After awhile:... Well, at least I'm in the smartest class.

Haha. But then, I soon realised. I'll never be able to keep up with you guys. You're just too hardworking and I'm a lazy arse. You're just too bright, and me too dim-witted.

I'm a slow person. It saddens me sometimes how slow I am.

It took me a long time to fall into pace with you guys. It took months for me to finally feel remotely comfortable.

Those times that I was quiet, and listened to guys from where I sat... they were times that I felt too inferior to even butt in.

So I just sat, and listened.

But despite it all, you guys got under my skin. Slowly, I began shedding my old skin and began changing my colours. You guys were so "kiasu" it actually amused me. But now, after I've thought it through, I lost my "kiasu-ness" a long time ago. I just couldn't compete. Watching you guys made me feel... "gosh... if only I had that kind of spark."

I think I'll take a little bit of that "kiasu-ness". Maybe it'll do me some good.

And then, tick-tock, we're now in Alpha.

When I filled in my form the first time, I filled in "Lambda".

But I ended up in Alpha instead.

I guess it means something.

Besides the fact that for the second time filling in the paper, I put "Alpha".

;p

I've gained new friends, close friends, and interesting acquaintances. And -- undeniably -- new affairs.

And I'll never be able to erase that.

I never want to anyway.

So, believe me when I say this, Alpha


I Heart You


Sometimes I wish I could freeze the picture,
And save it from the funny tricks of time...
-Slipping Through My Fingers, Abba-



It's time to say goodbye,
Block out the sun and pack up the sky,
Don't let my tears start to make you cry,
Each time I try to say my goodbye,
Try to stop asking why.

-Goodbye-
The Corrs.

0 comments: