October 15, 2008

Because I Promised.

As dictated by Faranza Syns

We had EdBoard Farewell the other day, as most of you well know. It was fun. Lots of eating (yay!). And lots of calories (gosh, forgot to think about that.) But the thing that still has me laughing is the fact that all of us acted sooo "jakun". Photo-taking every 5 minutes? If that's not jakun, then I'd say it was an extreme bout of camwhoring. ;p nyekkk


Okay, guess who? (Kye Li doesn't know I took this pic. HAHA)



I took this pic and Kye Li went "I can take MUCH BETTER!"
... Sweat,
Kye Li, sweat =_=''.



I just realised Kye Li's actually quite pretty. =_=''... haha.


While we were waiting for the form fives, we were doing all of the above. Basically, taking picture of stupid stuff and things that aren't necessarily new to us... like our own faces? Haha. And then we saw CTC walk in. You know, Tien Chuen (is that how you spell it? Lol, he doesn't know I'm writing about him, so it wouldn't matter.) And there he was, carting his whole photography set. We didn't actually expect him to bring the WHOLE set, but good, anyways. At least we'll get good photos.




CTC setting up. The publisher (I think that's him) looked this way.
*Gape* You didn't think I was taking a picture of you, did you?





Arrgh, Nurul, you moved. And the lighting was so perfect.




I was only going to take their pic.
Isn't it just my luck my phone snapped the pic right that moment? XD




Basically, we were waiting for Pn. Sheila and the other teachers before we could get started. You know, common courtesy and stuff. They took quite a while. Ann was going "I'm hungry laaaa..." And just from that sound, I could deduce that she was pretty much starving. Of course, the next line she said did support my claim.

"I didn't eat breakfast."

Well, neither did I, Ann. Haha, so much for prepraring space for a feast.

So we sat talking. And snapping pictures. Then, we got a call. The teachers said they were going to be late since they got stuck in a traffic jam.

And they said we should start first.

Don't hold your breath.

Like a shot, we ran to the buffet section.

Holy moly!


This was the only picture I managed to take before I started salivating, so... ;p


And thus, let the feast begin!




Mel's and Kye Li's plate. Or shall I say PLATES.
Ooh, the carbonara was... just wonderful.




Enjoying themselves, of course.



And behold.... MY PLATE.

Yes, I stopped half-way to take this picture. =_=''
The sandwich was delicious. Kye Li said it's turkey meat.
p/s: I'm salivating right now.


Right after I took that picture, we had to stop eating for the moment to greet Pn. Sheila and the other teachers. One of us (I think it was Chan?) said "I don't wanna leave my food!" Ah, you don't know how much I agree with you, Channy, dear. And so we got up from our seats and exit the Melting Pot. We were gonna walk quite a ways to greet the teachers. But Erin, our dear, dear Erin, said "Eh, no need to walk so far la. The less distance we walk to greet the teachers, the less distance we need to cover to get back to our food."

Good point, Erin. Never knew you were that smart... wait... always knew you were that smart. =_='' My bad. Haha.

And so, we stopped just a few metres away from the Melting Pot, accepting Erin's words with nods of agreement. Well, from me and Chan, that is. The other four went on ahead already. We had to call them back. But then, Mel, Ann, Nurul and Kye Li spotted the sign "Shopping Gallery".

Okay, who can quess how excited they were?

Even I was surprised.

They ran up and left me, Erin and Chan down at the lobby to greet the teachers.

Lol. So we waited. When we spotted the teachers, me and Chan were like running: "Kye Li! Mel! Oi, the teachers are here! Hurry, hurry!"

And I was in high heels. =_=''.

So, we smiled, we greeted and we looked sweet. ;p

Then, we got back to our food. FINALLY. And where there's a round one, there's always a round two.

Beginning of Round Two:



I loved the "gourmet sausages" so much, I took them again.
And yes, that IS salmon. Smoked, I think. Can't be raw.



A different angle. Yes, I WAS enjoying myself.



At this point, Kye Li was going "Eh, where's the sushi eh?"

Someone answered, "I didn't see any. Empty already."

"But they'll refill, right?"

"Yeah, surely."

Then, Kye Li saw it. "Eh eh! Sushi sushi!"

She stood up and ran to take the sushi.

Mel: Take a whole plate!

And yes, Kye Li being Kye Li, took a whole plate.



Tadaa!




This is the point where I thought... "Oh crap, what about dessert?"
Ah, heck, no more room.


We took a whole plate, and yet we didn't finish it. Brava, Kye Li. Haha


After that, we moved on to dessert. Well, Kye Li was actually slow at finishing her food (mainly because she took a lot. and also she ran to go and take the sushi) , so we waited for her. But when she finished, Nurul was away, so she and Mel went on for dessert. I waited for Nurul, and then we went to take some desserts. SOME desserts.

We went there and Nurul said "Oh, wait. I wanna eat some dimsum (i think that's what it was. Dumplings is the english word, I'd say). "

Me: I wanna make room for dessert, so let's just share.

Nurul: Ok

Then we turned to take the plates and guess what we saw.

Kye Li and Mel, with two plates stacked up with dessert.


Say it with me people: OH-EM-GEE.




For sarcastic purposes, let's do that again: OH-EM-GEE!
That was Kye Li's plate. Mel already devoured hers.




This was how far she got before she seemed to want to give up.
Lol, us greedy creatures.




And here's me and Nurul's quaint plate of dumplings. Mmm.. nyumm. XD


I think Nurul took a picture of us both "attacking" our dumplings. Lol, but it's in her camera, so that'll just have to wait.

Once we've devoured the dumplings: "OK, next: Dessert!"

Wanna know what we took?




So little, you say? Not much?
Well, I guess.
But wait, if we're not kiasu,
Then we're not Alpha-ians.

So, I present to you,
Me and Nurul's plate of desserts,
Just desserts,
That could rival Kye Li's.


Faranza Syns and Double N Productions Present:

Yeah, baby, it's beautiful!


I couldn't help myself, I took another picture. XD


I should get into photography. =p




Once again, I couldn't help myself.

Not a nice picture, but I loved the food.
So what the hell.


We had an incredible time. I'm pretty shocked it went that well. (Yes, I'm actually talking about the food.)


But all in all, it was a great 1st EdBoard Farewell Party for me. It's not so fun with my HOD not being there. Zi Kang, *sigh*, you barely had exams then. I was gonna have exams in a day's time. How come I could go, but you couldn't? Haha, I guess he was busy. Tsk tsk.

After Erin did her spontaneous welcoming speech, and Pn Ros gave hers, we handed the form fives their souvenirs.

And we took a group picture of them.



I might've arrived,
into these arms,
These spaces,
This time,
Just a little late,
But the warmth,
It stays,
It lingers,
Never to fade.
-Faranza Syns,
Soon-to-be-really-popular blogger.
Haha.

I love the Editorial Board. We were bonded together to create something wonderful. Something amazing. Something that we will share for the rest of our days.


But there comes a time when we'll have to move on.



And it's time to say goodbye.


If you need to crash,
Then crash and burn;
You're not alone.
-Savage Garden-
Crash and Burn.

0 comments: