October 28, 2008

Godfatherism

As dictated by Faranza Syns

I didn't know such a term existed.

Until it came out of my brother's mouth. And believe me, his understanding of godfatherism isn't the "Oh-it's-a-boy-so-let's-name-so-and-so-as-the-godfather!" kind of understanding. It's the "Oh-I'm-the-head-of-the-Mafia-and-you're-my-pet-dog" kind of understanding.

Yes, my brother fancies himself a lot of things.

He used the term when we were at an open-house for my aunt's Kumon Centre. My 10 year-old cousin, a boy, was sitting with my 18 year-old brother.

Bro: *pats cousin's head* I am your godfather.
Cousin: *beams*


I don't think he understood full well the implication of my brother's "God-fatherism".

Haziem, the 10 year-old cousin, was eating with us at our "adult" table, so-named because the "grown-ups" (namely me; my bro; my 13 year-old sis, Jaz; and my 12 year-old female cousin, Qiha) were sitting there.


Me: Eh, Haziem, why do you eat so messily? *Looks over at bro* Oi, tell your godson to eat properly!

Bro: *Gives his "godson" the look* *Looks over at Qiha* Eh, why do you eat so messily?

Qiha: *Shock* What? Not me la!

Haziem: . . .

Me: My... he's conveniently quiet.

Bro: Oi, Qiha, hurry, lick it all up!

All: WTH.


Lol. My brother can surely make me laugh. BluekS.

As the day wore on, he kept up his godfather act.


Bro: Eh, don't make me click my fingers.

Me: Why?

Bro: If I click my fingers *tsk* .. bad news. My "orang bawahan" all understand "The Click"

Me: ... Interesting

Bro: *Clicks fingers*

Qiha: Ahha! Nothing happened at all.

Bro: Ah, that's because I don't have the "niat". If I have the "niat" then...

Me: Hardy har har.

There was one part Qiha annoyed him.

Bro: *Looks pissyly (no such word, but bare with me) at Qiha*

Qiha: *epitome of obliviousness*

Bro: *rubs chest, pretending to calm himself down*



Then, he clicked his fingers. He pretended to shoot someone down. Then, he mimed a phone with his fingers and put it close to his ear. "Yeah, Boss? Yeah, it's all settled," he mimicked a "lackey".

Lol. We laughed.

Bro: Hahah, God father right? Cannot touch children. So "lepaskan geram" by killing other people.


lol. XD *sweat* laaaaaa.

Yes, that's my brother.

Proud of him.

Love him.

Despise him.

But then again, that's the dynamics of a loving family.




Shall I wait for you to see?
It's like waiting for the deaf to speak.

0 comments: