July 17, 2009

Incessant

As dictated by Faranza Syns

My nose is running. Yet again. I am seriously contemplating the idea of shoving a balled-up portion of a piece of tissue up my nostrils just to save me from the aggravation at having to dab at my nose every ten seconds. And yes, I am breathing through my mouth. What could be sexier? Not.

This week has been hellish. Granted, it comes second to debate weeks, but it's pretty darn high up there.

It started with Monday.

I got my first Pink Slip. My first "demerit" slip, per se. The first mar in my otherwise pristine clean record. The first disgusting taint on my reputation. The first horrific slander. It would've been bearable had the reason for getting the Pink Slip in the first place been something equally shaming, like "caught nude with male in class" or "smashing glass on fire-alarm", or maybe even "harassing male teacher." But NO. I had to get one because I "did not attend PE lesson". If that didn't beat all, I went and apologized to the teacher, explained and grovelled, and she accepted my apology. And guess what? She still gave me the Pink Slip, despite accepting my apology. How ironic. I feel so ecstatic that my grovelling got me deeper into a situation I've been trying to extricate myself from. Super duper happy.

Then, I nearly got my second Pink Slip. Within a week. For the whole 5 years of my being a student, I've never had even a single pink slip. But hey ho, this week, which is so close to my retirement date, teachers seem to relish giving me incessant supplies of BSLs. It's like a curse. Like something out there is trying to tell me: "Bwahahaha! You're stepping down! The protective shield of the Prefectorial Board shall protect you no more!"

Oooh, the betrayal. And after all my naive loyalty, no less!

But anyways, at least there are some great perks that came with this week.

I bought an awesome new set of trinkets which included a pair of earrings I cannot wear because I don't have pierced ears

Which is the reason I beseeched Mama to allow me to pierce my ears (despite the fact that no one will ever see me with earrings anyway)

She gave me the okay. Whoooohoo!

Me, Kess and Syarifah managed to talk Pn J out of giving us BSLs. We had to clean the whole class from top to bottom because of that, but at least I found out about a part of Kessler that wasn't entirely so clear before. When he does something, he does it doggedly. His persistence is touching. Someone (not from our class) spilled water in the class. When we found out, me and Kessler were nearly murderous (at least I think he was. He seemed pretty incensed). Nevertheless, I swept the class, Kessler mopped up, then swept, Chi Hoe mopped a little (which looked more like he was racing around the whole class with the mop as a hockey stick) and Syarifah oversaw us cleaning up. Me and Kessler swept every nook and cranny of the class.

I was pretty annoyed and upset about getting (nearly) getting two BSLs within a week. It was a matter of pride for me and for Kessler as well, I guess. I've always said that I'd leave school with no BSLs. But to suddenly get a BSL because I didn't close the class windows the day before was a bit over the top.

So, I went on "surly mode". Chi Hoe, who walked beside me as we got back to Bio class, sensed that I was really close to tears. He noticed it when we were on our way to try to persuade Pn J too. I know because he suddenly went from annoyingly playful to wary and gentle. I don't care if this revelation embarrasses him. Hah. But Chi Hoe's a great dude eventhough he makes me want to throttle him sometimes. Most of the time, actually.

Alas, since he made me feel slightly better, I have to refrain from killing him.

Oh, and my obsession with someone in our new debate team is not showing any signs of abating. Pave, Dharr, stay away.


___________________________________


On news: Objection of the people against the construction of pig slaughterhouse.

Me: Eeeh? Slaughterhouse? What the hell. What the hell for?

Jaz: Yeah. I mean, don't they know that there's the swine flu going around?

Me: Haha

Jaz: Oh, wait, we can't say that. If we do, they'd give some smart comeback about bird flu.

Me: "Hah! How about bird flu? There's that thing going around, but we still eat bird(s)."

Jaz: ... That sounds wrong.

Me: *grin* I live to please.




Can't feel my feet
When did they cut it off?
How do you expect me to stay grounded?

4 comments:

Youko said...

It's ok , the teacher's drawer is flooded with that disgusting pink thing . She need to get rid of some of it so she simply gives them away although the reason is pathetically nonsense .

:)

I got my first disgusting pink slip cause of my own fault and the second one was totally a piece of accusation .. annoyingg ..

Faranza Syns said...

Haha, I know. Eeesh, it's darned annoying, la. I wanted my recoerd to be clean. Eugh.

Afzy said...

i live to please...
;)

Faranza Syns said...

;p

I speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. xD