October 25, 2008

I Just Wanna Have Fun

As dictated by Faranza Syns

Yesterday was...

Disappointing.

Fun?

Let's settle for entertaining.



____________________________________


Yesterday was the EdBoard interview.

Let's hear the rave reviews on how my interview for the BM Dept was, shall we?

"Wah, Farhana's interview was so tough la!" - Billy TanKY.

"OMG, this is tough la." - Julia.

"Shouldn't you lower your standards, Farhana?" -Ka Mun


No. I want the best, Ka Mun. ;p

Cheng Ken came to play around. He came to my table and said "I wanna try your interview."

Me: Okay.
Ken: *Sits down*
Me: Okay, perkenalkan diri anda.
Ken: Saya Ong Cheng Ken dari kelas 3 Amanah
Me: . . . *waiting for more. stares*
Ken: *STARES BACK*
Me: *Gives the OoooKay look*. Bagaimakah prestasi anda dalam subjek BM?
Ken: Just give me the hardest question la.
Me: Sweat la, Ken. =_=''

So, I took out a slip of paper and slid it across the table towards Ken.

Me: Baiklah, baca situasi yang diberikan.
Ken: *reads*
Me: Berikan saya satu tajuk atau ayat yang memberikan impak buat situasi yang diberikan.
Ken: . . . Wah, this is tough lah.
Me: . . .
Ken: . . . Wait, wait, I'm thinking.
Me: *smug* Don't worry, take your time. *laughs inwardly*


He took more than 10 minutes. I think he was thinking of it for a long, long time. Even after the mock-up interview was done.

Lol, Ken. I guess that shows that you can never think like me. Nyeekkkk =p

Throughout the interviews, I maintained the I'm-very-polite-cum-You're-not-that-special look. Yes, it's cruel. But I was trying to dig deep for the values I want in a potential BM Dept member. For those who I drilled on the spot with spontaneous questions, know this: I was drilling--digging--because I know there's something inside to be found.

And since you were too nervous at the time to dig it out of yourself, forgive me for doing the digging, albeit a bit too roughly. It didn't actually leave you guys crippled, did it? =P Don't worry. It's worth it, I promise you.

=_=''... Seriously, when I looked over at the editor's table, and saw Erin playing with the Rubik's Cube and laughing while interviewing people, I felt like I was the only one who was being a tad too tough on the people auditioning for my department. (Auditioning... I don't think that's the right word, but nevermind.)

But then, I saw Laine. My, my... I think I pale in comparison. =_=''....

Julia's interview was like: "*Smile* Oh, hello." and "*Smile* Thank you!"

=_=''... I felt like a mean monster with clumsy feet.

And Cheng Ken still couldn't figure out an answer for my question. Kudos for me! XD

I think Afzan breezed through the mock-up interview with me because it was just that: a mock-up. I was laughing the whole time. And so, I guess she wasn't as tensed.

Don't worry about the other interviews, Afzan. ^_~ You scored with mine. ;p

It's kinda sad, the turn-out this year. Like Laine said, the form 3's this year seem so dead. They don't seem to want to be involved in something as prestigious as the Editorial Board. Tsk.

By the way, Dharr, if your bones hurt, I'll make it feel all better. *wink wink* Haha. XD

Laine, although there were a lot of people you had interview, look at it this way: You're Popular! XD .

Kye Li,... Darling... sadly, there's no such thing as kurus KONTANG. hahahahahahahhahaahhaha. I can still laugh my arse off at that. XD By the way, it's Canon, Kye Li, by Johann Pachelbel. ;p Not C-A-N-N-O-N.

Now.. who else? Melly-Smelly~ I want KY but if you want him, I think we can negotiate. XD

Hmm... Aly. I love you. Especially when that one moment you said, "I like the way Farhana walks. It's kinda cool." Yes, Aly, I love you, too. Haha.

Hmm.. Amanda. No, I didn't watch the other *cough* risque *cough* CD's you gave me. :D I'm a good girl. Nyeekkkk ;p

Ajaaaaaaa.... I enjoyed our oh-dang-my-battery-is-gonna-go-out-but-I'll-still-chat-with-you-until-my-battery-goes-byebye sms-es. Lol. In the end, I was praying fervently my battery won't go out or I'll lose everything in my PDA Phone. Sucks, PDA Phone. nyekkk ;p

Hmm... basically, I had a nice time on Friday. Chan felt like she's fried to the bone.

Chan: Lying down... lying down sounds good.


Lol. We were walking back from the canteen. We were supposed to take the staircase closest to the canteen, but then she kept on walking to the Skylite. I was like o_O... but I just followed her, thinking that she wanted to go somewhere. Then, halfway...

Chan:*Stops abruptly* Where exactly are we supposed to go?

Me: o_O... 3 Amanah.

Chan: Oh shoot. My brain's fried.



Lol, don't worry, Chan. It was just for the day.


My new passion: Reuben Gingrich. ;p Despite his barefoot playing of the double bass drums, he's the best.... For now.

Quoting my writing pal: "I know what you mean, Faranza. I'm practically ADD my attention span is so short. lol."

I still love my Hanamichi. Although he did dunk a basketball on someone's head. XD



The beginning of the end will come soon enough.

0 comments: