October 10, 2008

Oprah, Be Proud of Me.

As dictated by Faranza Syns

HAHA. FUNNY.

I just remembered that's what I said when I was sewing the school badge onto my blazer whilst memorizing the Luqman verse from the Quran.

"I'm multi-tasking. Oprah's gonna be so proud of me."

Haha. ;p

I finally listened properly to Break Even on Julia's blog.

A line got to me.

Cuz when a heart breaks, no it don't break even.
- Break Even, The Script.


So true. It got me to thinking. When you fall in love, it's a like promise, a bonding, between two hearts. Then, I imagined that when you're in love, you break off a part of your heart, and sew it together with a part of your love's heart. I know, stupid simile, but bear with me. :)

So, when one wants to leave, surely they have to retrieve the piece of their heart that they had combined with the other.

But it's impossible. You're already so tightly bonded.

So what do you do? You break away fast and hard.

Take a piece of paper, and rip it in the middle. Does it tear evenly with a straight line running through it? Hell, no.

One part gets a bigger chunk than the other.

One heart gets away being fuller than the other.

Which one would heal faster? That's an idiot's question.

I guess it's something everyone's afraid of. Who would be hurt more? We keep on trying to save our own asses, we barely spare a thought about the other injured party. I'm not condemning, just saying what I know I am myself.

It's scary falling in love. Love brings you higher. But you know in the end, what goes up, always comes down. And who'll be crippled on the ground?

But despite all of that, we still fall in love, don't we? :) Us humans are silly creatures. ;p

Loving you was a beautiful feeling. It had it's ups and downs, and now that I'm stronger, I appreciate it more. We got through the bad times, and I'm proud of us. I'm sure there will be other down-hill moments. But we got through it, and because we did, I love you more. Though I doubt you at times, it's not going to stop me from holding out my hand to you. Just grasp it, and we'll get by.

Heck, I don't want Oprah to be proud of me.

I want you to be proud of me.


p/s: Seven days, and counting. nyekkk ;p! (for all of you who don't know... don't bother. Haha)




0 comments: