January 28, 2009

Rave

As dictated by Faranza Syns

I went on a total Dark-Hunter rave yesterday. It was like a race to see how fast I could finish the books.

They were delectable.

Oh, Afzan, I feel like torturing you.



Is it working?




Are you feeling sorely tempted?




Are you drooling?



Please tell me you are.


You most definitely are.

Oh yes. The coup de grace.



Yes. Yes, yes, yes. It's Dunford's story.



All of the above books belong to me.




Including this one. *groan*
I'm still not done reading that one. Ugh.


I am obsessing over Dark-Hunters. And Were-Hunters (Vane!). And Dream-Hunters. I haven't got a Dream-Hunter book yet though.

And Acheron. Oh, Acheron.

Went to MPH. And saw the Acheron book.

A month ago,

Amanda: Guess what I saw.
Me: A sex toy in the middle of a bookstore.


Okay, that wasn't it.

Me: OMG, you found Acheron?!
Amanda: Yes! It costs RM60 plus though.
Me: WHAT.


And we decided to not buy it yet. As much as we love Ash and his whole Dark-Hunter brethren, it's not enough to turn pauper for.

Then, I saw Acheron again this Monday.

RM 35.90.

WTF. Granted, it was paperback, but thank God!

I didn't buy it yet, though. I want to buy out all of the other Dark-Hunter series first, then I'll buy Acheron.

Oh god, are they turning Acheron into a movie? Please please please!

Wait... only IF the director is great. Then, yes.

I finished reading (re-reading) Kiss of the Night (Wulf), Night Play (Vane) and am currently drooling over Seize the Night (Valerius). I miss Kyrian's (Night Pleasures) story though.

Oh, and Amanda? Katra's not with Acheron, so we should get that thought out of our head right this moment. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm no big fan of incest.

*shudder shudder*

Okay, I'm not pretty sure if the two are related or not, but from my guilty-peeks of One Silent Night, I think they're related. Like really related.

As in Hey-Daddy-Oh-hey-Daughter related.

But don't worry. Katra's with someone else (Devil May Cry). *grin*

Please drool with me, Amanda, Afzan. I feel sick drooling over this by myself.

Haha.

.... You know what I like most about my phone's camera?

It makes my books look new when they actually aren't. Thank greedy people for dysfunctional cameras. I just don't like when it makes me look super ugly. But that's just vain-me talking.

I know someone who perishes at the thought of dysfunctional cameras. Too bad. The said person would have to live through it; it's life.


________________________________________


Right, to more sensible talks.

I experimented today. Hah, like I don't always do.

Omelette with Tuna.

Nyumm. I can't stand breakfast without protein. And plain protein would not cut it.

And so, I took out a can of tuna, and mixed it with mayonnaise (not the whole can of tuna, mind). Damn unhealthy, but I can't think straight in the morning. The monster in the tummy was enraged that it is not being fed. So, to shut it up, I couldn't stop to think about 'oh many calories does this hold?' could I?

Once I was done, I cracked an egg, and diced some shallots (no, it does not cause bad breath, but what did I care? It's not like I have someone sleeping with me.). Adding just a tad bit of salt, I beat the egg plus the shallot and salt.

Then, I took half of the tuna and mayo, then dumped a full dollop into the egg (mixture? solution? batter? What the hell).

Yes, it looked creamy, yellow, and somewhat disgusting for people who get easily queasy. No one's asking you to look, though.

I beat the omelette mixture again, until it's slightly a bit frothy (I have no sense of right or wrong in the kitchen, so sue me). The pan was already heated, and so was the oil, so I simply dumped the batter into it.

Crackle, pop.

Seriously, it's not painful at all when you get a little bit of heated oil on your skin. It stings a bit, and it makes you jump, but it's not that painful. After years of tossing things into the pan with crackling oil, you get used to it. Sure, you get scars, but they fade and disappear entirely after some time.

And so, while my omelette starting taking shape, I grabbed the remnants of tuna and began spreading it out on the hardening surface of the omelette.

This omelette turns brown faster than most, though, so I quickly flipped it.

Yes, it's still scary to flip an omelette that is solid on one part (the bottom) and liquid on the other (the upper). Although you've done it more than ten-thousand times, there's still the chance of it not solidifying enough, so your omelette ends up looking like mush.

But hey, if no one else wants to eat it, screw them. You're cooking for yourself. That's the beauty of it.

But mine turned out fine. Haha. Although, it was rather brown on one side, it was okay.

The taste is absolutely de-lish.

It had enough creaminess, enough fishi-ness (gahaa. I love fish, so screw me), enough salt, and enough shallot to give it a slight tang.

My rating?

5 out of 5.

Haha. Yes, I'm a proud mother of what I cook.

List of things I've attempted to cook:

  • omelette (of many varieties)
  • sweet and sour fish
  • fried bi-hoon
  • rice (of course)
  • fried rice
  • curry
  • stir-fry meat
  • and the occasional kuih Hari Raya

Omelettes of many varieties. Yes, I even put bits of nuggets in mine once. You know, fry the nugget, cut it into pieces and mix with the omelette batter. Yeah, I live on a dare.

And yes, my cooking is the epitome of unhealthy cooking. That's why you should keep me out of the kitchen, Ma. I'm gonna kill Dad with my cooking one day.

We wouldn't want that.

Would we?

*grin*



I'm sorry, but I love you too much.
That's why you really need to buy me the whole set of Dark-Hunter stories.
*grin*


0 comments: