January 20, 2009

The Animal Song

As dictated by Faranza Syns

Yesterday:

I wanted to read Yee Ming's composition for English. But of course, life without strings attached is barely life at all.

I was actually pretty "okay" with letting him read my essay. But then Amanda said "It's pretty good. There are a few grammatical mistakes...", and I whipped the book away.

Yee Ming: *Holds his book away* I'll let you read mine if you let me read yours.
Me: NO! *cue, horror-struck face*. Why would you wanna read mine?
YM: Have to read la. You're one of the best, so I have to see.


Gotta give him credit; he was pretty adamant. At the region of our secluded seats, a lot of fast-snatching and hiding happened. Of course, since he was pretty darned tall (with long, long arms) I did less snatching than he. Sheesh. And when I talk to him, I wonder why I haven't developed a crick in the neck yet. Looking up for a long time is bound to do that to you.

Eventually,I deigned him worthy to read my not-yet-complete composition.

Yee Ming: Wow, we are no match for you.
Me: What?
Yee Ming: I can imagine your 'unusual person', in great detail.


*Cue: glow from within*

That night:

Me: Hey, Yee Ming. It's Farhana. Finally decided to add you to my phonebook. ;p
YM: Lol, okay, I'll add too.
Me: Lol, kays.
YM: Eh, I liked your essay. Send me a few of your works for me to read?
Me: What? Why? I dun write much lately. And the ones that I'm done with were written when I was impressionable. XD the plot is like lalang; first here, then there, then everywhere.
YM: Lol, nvm then. Just wanted to pick up your style of writing.


How sweet. But then again all of us are developing our own style. We just gotta give it time, eh?


______________________


Today:


The YPC wanted 70 students from SMKSBU to hold up banners and signs to "scorn" (my word. too bad, I'm in a bad mood) the mindless murdering, cold-blooded bombing carried out by the Zionists, harming more than hundreds of lives; a good deal of which were children.

The cause was great enough. OF course I'd help out. I am a push-over after all. Whine a bit and I'd most probably be your slave for the next period of lalang-ness. But then again, Pn Sareah just got the letter from the YPC today.

The bloody YPC thingy is THIS THURSDAY.

Ooh, let us count how many days we have to prepare!

Oh... TWO!

Two days to prepare banners and signs for 70 students!

Bull****.

And so, Me, Nurul, Haseef and a select few other students gathered at the Visual Arts Room and got cracking. It was funny. Chew Andy was there too. Aww, the guy has trouble rolling the "rrrr" off his tongue.

With the way things went, I suddenly became the unconsciously-appointed Supervisor. Of course, I still help around, became the colour-consultant (God forbid, Haseef's colour-blind), called people sweetie/darling/sweetheart/romeo, and listened to Andy spout unnecessary-yet-welcome-and-laughable crap.

One of the girls is very, very talented. ;) Take a look at our banner on that day, and you might just be surprised.

We're continuing tomorrow. I've gotta finish the wordings for the signs. Sixteen -- 16! -- different sentences scorning Israel and supporting Palestin. I've been left high and dry. But well, at least I got to work in an air-conditioned room. Yay me.

While in the room...

Pn Aslinda: Kamu semua nak makan ke?
Me: ... Cikgu nak belanja ke? *grin*
Pn Aslinda: Ish!


Pn Aslinda: *hands RM60 to me*
Me: Ya, cikgu?
Pn Aslinda: Pergi la makan. Bahagikan RM 5 setiap seorang.
Me: Cikgu belanja?
Pn. Aslinda: Nanti YPC bayar balik.



x) Haha, kenakan YPC back, eh? Since they're making us work our bloody arses off...

Pn Noraini: Siapa nak makan, pergi makan. RM5 setiap seorang. Kalau nak makan, habiskanlah duit tu. Kalau tak nak, simpan la RM 5 seorang.

People, Pn Noraini's (the art teacher) table is fancy gila!

I was semi-scared to sit on her chair. It was the only one that was covered with cloth and designs.

Me: *typed while standing up*.
Ust. Izati: Aik, Farhana, berdiri?
Me: *grin*
Ust. Izati: Takut nak duduk eh? Kerusi cantik sangat.



Lol.


____________________


Life, you suck. But heck, you're pretty darned funny at times too.



To Julia and KM: Sorry if I was a bit abrupt with you guys just now. I was running on a short fuse and I exploded on you. Okay, it was just a small thing, but I shouldn't have done it eitherways.

Forgive meh.

Congrats on the board, Juls m'dear. You've outdone yourself.



Lovies,
xoxo.



Sometimes, it makes me glad that I'm more animal than human.
What full of bull**** "being a human" is.

0 comments: