January 26, 2009

Convict of my own mind.

As dictated by Faranza Syns

A scene from Spa Q 2:

Qistina: Marry her. Propose to her.
Zafrul: *looks pissed off, frustrated*
Qustina: I've said my piece. Now, excuse me. I nak pergi tandas.


WHAT THE HECK. All the way English, and then suddenly, when you need the loo, you go "I nak pergi tandas"?

That had me cracking up.

Not to mention that she was saying this with a measure of control. And there were subtitles.

Couldn't you just say "I need to freshen up"? Or just plain "excuse me" will do.

But "pergi tandas"?

It's like admitting you're going to pass motion.

Which reminds me... I searched the term "pass motion" at google. And oh my word, I stumbled across the most hilarious thread.


Excerpt from forum:


R Canai , Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:23 am GMT:
The term "pass motion" is often used in Asian countries such as India, Singapore, Malaysia etc. to refer to an activity that people do in the toilet to pass out the food from their stomach after taking their meals (a bowel habit).

I've been wondering what term Americans and brits use instead of "PASS MOTION" as in the following sentences??

"I tend to PASS MOTION after a meal. "
"If one eats a lot of fiber than one will PASS MOTION more often."


No offence to all. this is just for my/our knowledge. Thanks.


zzz:
I tend to have to utilize the facilities after a meal.
If one eats a lot of fiber then one will have to use the facilities more often.



Lazar:
That's interesting; I've never heard of that phrase "to pass motion" before. As zzz suggested, in the US you could say something like, "to use the facilities", or if you wanted to be more explicit about it, "to move one's bowels". I suppose you could also use "to evacuate".


Borat:
I need to make a toilet!


R Canai:
zzz , Lazar, and Borat,

Based on your suggestions, would it be COMMON or NATURAL then, for a doctor in the U.S. to say these to a patient in this sample dialogue??

Patient: Doctor, I think I have diarrhea.

Doctor: How many times did you use the facilities today?
OR
How many times did you move your bowels today?
OR
How many times did you evacuate today?
OR
How many times did you make a toilet today?


Please respond. Thanks.


Guest:
>> Based on your suggestions, would it be COMMON or NATURAL then, for a doctor in the U.S. to say these to a patient in this sample dialogue?? <<

A Doc would most likely say: "How many times have you pooped today?"


Real Ale Lover:
R Canai:
I think the term that equals your term is "bowel motion".

But why not just be honest and say: Did you crap today?


________________________________________


Ooh yes. How many times have YOU crapped today?

Not that I'm that interested to know about your bowel movement.


Anyways, saw my first eclipse of the Sun. I remember once upon a time that I used to write a book called "The Eclipse Raider". Raider. Ooh, it was so bloody romantic.

Eitherways, I was napping in my room. And then, I woke up, and couldn't get back to sleep. So I tossed and turned.

Then,

Ma: SIAPA NAK TENGOK GERHANA MATAHARI?

I was like, eclipse?

So I got up, and went to my brother's room. It was dark, except for the strips of sunshine streaming into the room, through the window, glittering like friggin pixie dust (omg, Peter Pan!). My dad was standing directly beneath it, with negative films over his eyes.

Then, he passed it to me.

I put the negative over my left eye, squinting, my right eye shut, and I saw it.

It was... amazing. Heck, it got me so excited, I don't think I need sex anymore. Not that I've ever had sex, but you get what I mean.

I mean, I was seeing the sun, and it looked like a crescent moon. That was uber cool. The ultimate aphrodisiac.

Romeo, take meh.

Not Jordan. Just Romeo. XD


Don't tempt me; your lithe swagger, your hip-shot stance, your black hair and leather jacket


Oh, hip-shot stance. That just makes me drool, I swear. Especially when they guy is narrow of hips.

*drool drool drool.*


He knelt to the ring,
And pulled out a ground, and said,
Marry me, alone,
You'll never have to be Juliet.


Yes, I was just checking if you guys were paying attention.

0 comments: