January 9, 2009

Count My Blessings

As dictated by Faranza Syns

Now. The moment we have all (well, only me, actually) been waiting for. The moment where I recount (quite blurly, since I haven't been doing a lot of memorising these days, and a whole lot of forgetting) the things that have happened to me the last few days.

At school.

Oh, the horror.

Not entirely so.

Let us begin with Monday. If I remember that is.

Let us see...

Monday.

Got my feet pinched. The bloody shoes were awful. I saw a post in Timothy's blog, about running in high heels. I wanted to strangle him and hang his carcass on the National Monument. Why? Because now I can't run in heels because I have blisters. Yes, it doesn't have anything to do with his otaku post, but I feel awful, so that's the whole bloody point.

*clears throat*. Anyways, invectives aside, I'll carry on recalling. Hmm... So, in the morning, reached school late. Had to walk (run, more like) towards school. Oh, agony. Anyways, saw that my duty was B, Ground Floor roundings. I thought it was canteen duty, so I went to the canteen. Me and Jo Ee (is that how u spell her name? What the hey.) both didn't have watches. We were like staring at each other... "Do you have a watch?" "...No." "Me, too." "Hm..." "... So what time is it?"

We peeked into the Discipline Room to look at the clock. We looked... suspicious. Goodness, friggin suspicious. We did it more than thrice, too.

Anyways, saw Gary. Yay! Gary, you look so handsome these days. *Sigh*. He waved at me first. I did a double-take, then I waved back. Thought he was waving at someone else. Huhu. We chatted a bit. He looked more handsome, debonair even, up-close. So *swoon*.

Ebbe was there too, but I don't care about him. He's been around since forever. I don't know if I want him to stay, or stay away. Goodness.

Found out that Pn. Juliana is our Form Teacher again.

Initial reaction: "WHAT?!"

End reaction: "WHAT THE ****?!"

Yes, it gets worse.

When me and Mei got into class, the tables were already arranged. Sat at the back-most row, just like last year. Dang it, it's hotter than last year. The irony is, we were all clamouring for the back-seat, the supposed HOT-SPOT when the usually-ignored spot in the front most row is... deserted.

Sad, but true.

Pn. Sheila came in for English. We talked about Personality.

Pn S: Okay, what do you think personality is?
Jet: Traits, attitude, attributes.... (and so on.)

I was like... wow, Jet.

Me: Idiosyncrasies?

After I sucked in my guts, stood up, and answered that, it was as if I was the mode of communication between Amanda+Julia and Pn. S. But, hell no. I stood up once, I ain't shooting myself on the toe again.

Pn S: Use one word to describe yourself.
Chu: Confident.

All of us went "ooooh..."

Jia: Vain. I am very, very vain.

All of us went ". . . . . HAHAHAHAHA!"

Jia: I want to describe him *points at Kien Yoong*
Pn S: Go ahead.
Jia: .... OBSCENE.
All: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA.

We had Pn. Jasbir as our AddMaths teacher. It was pretty clear she was peeved that the front row was empty. She kept on insinuating that I should move forward (since I suck in AddMaths, and so on).

Pn J: Eh... how come the front row is empty? In my days, we used to clamour to sit at the front row. *smile*


Mmmhmm.

Pn J: Maybe the people at the back should sit in front. *looks at yours truly*
Yours truly: *looks away; buat bodoh.*


It was my only course of survival. Sorry, Pn Jasbir.

Then, we had Chem. Pn Lee! She wanted us to introduce ourselves again.

ex-4 Alpha-ians... apa lagi? Bodek time!

Mel: My name is Melissa, I was from 4 Alpha, and I really liked Chemistry.
Someone: My name is so-and-so, I used to be in 4 Alpha, and I love you, teacher.


Wow. See our butt-kissery techniques? It's a work of art.

Me: My name's Farhana, and I was formerly from 4 Alpha. And I plan to be a psychologist one day. Pn. L: What do you think of the Chem class last year? Me: *dumbfounded* (bloody random question). Er... it was... good. I loved the way you taught, teacher. Although... it was kind of noisy, but it was good. I loved it. Pn L: *Looks a bit pleased, finger on chin* hmm... ok.


Saved by my not-so-glib tongue. Will wonders never cease?

Anyways, reached home, and feet were sore. And the skin of the back of my ankle was... err... well, wounded. Ah hell.


The next day I had to put plasters on both my feet.

Hmm... ah dang... I don't remember anything anymore. XD

Let's just skip to Friday, shall we?

Reached school on time (thank you, handphone alarm). Alternated between canteen duty, and roundings duty.

Went up for Physics. Me, Amanda, and a few others were early.

Pn Rashidah: Where are the others? I want to give them something (the legendary LATE sign).
Elaine: Teacher, if they get the LATE sign, we should get the EARLY sign.


Hahaha.

We played around with the slinky spring. You know, the experiment for waves?

Ian and Kess did a demonstration. As you all might already know, we had to tie a ribbon through the middle of the spring. Nurul's ribbon was used.

And so, Kess shook the spring side to side, back and forth (okay, that image is disturbing) on the floor. The ribbon followed the movements of the spring.

Pn Rashidah: Okay, watch the movement of the ribbon. So, the conclusion is... what happened to the ribbon?
Everyone: It gets dirty.


*Snort*. Smart-arse answer.

*

Me and Mei skipped Bio. Pffft, there was only a few minutes left of it until we had to go down to the Multipurpose Room for the Farewell for Pn Ros. So, we waited in class. Elaine and Afzy came along. Then Daniel came. And Chi Hoe, I think? Lol, I don't remember. But it was fun. Daniel was wearing his specs again. And Afzy and Elaine were being lovey-dovey. Sheesh.

Haha.

But eitherways, they left after a while.

Then, Eugene came in, and started asking me about the Fencing Club and what post I wanted.

I remembered Kar Mun telling me she wanted to vote for me... to become President.

Me: ...o_O... But I barely attended lessons last year.
Kar Mun: I don't care, I want you.

And so, when Eugene asked me, I was pretty shocked. He was VP last year. "Eugene, you become Head."

Then, we started talking about last year, and he brought up some of my evasive-techniques.

Eugene: Don't you dare use that excuse about you wearing your skirt that you can't fence. *wiggles finger at me*.
Me: . . . Hahahaha.


Then, suddenly, Ian, who had entered a few moments ago, butted in.

Ian: What? Wearing skirt? Why? Why couldn't you fence while wearing your skirt?

I was ... stupefied... that Ian was even listening in to our conversation. Eugene took it all in stride.

Eugene: Of course she can't fence while wearing her skirt. How can you do this? *opens his legs wide into en garde position. *
Ian: Can!
Eugene: HAVE YOU SEEN HER SKIRT?

I was sitting at the sidelines, bemused at this turn of conversation.

Funny, really.

Males have a way of dominating the conversation.

And yet they call us loud-mouths. Tsk, tsk.


*

It was past 11, and all the students were already moving towards the Skylite. While I was rushing around trying to get the students to leave the corridors andhurry to the Skylite, I saw a whole bunch of our ex-fifth formers. A whole lot of them. Sometimes I wonder if they really do miss school.

Saw Bryant. Ran the other waaaaay.

But after that, I couldn't run anymore. My feet were really sore. But me being a masochist to the core, I kept on doing roundings duty. Went up to 4th floor, and did a quick sweep-through of each floor with Dharr. Even went to the Complex, for goodness' sake. I was really... a masochist.

When Pn. Ros was going to have her "final feast", us prefects did a benteng.

We waited. And waited. And waited. And sang Auld Lang Syne. And laughed our arses off. And waited.

God, why do the teachers take so long to be all huggy-lovey?

But, I guess it's understandable. I'll miss Pn. Ros too.

*Sigh*

*

When I got home, found out my brother has fever. I don't know what went on, but later on, I heard my dad calling my aunt, saying that my brother had dengue.

I felt like killing him with my bare hands. How dare he have dengue?

In the evening, he seemed so miserable. He even called out to my sister to turn off the lights in his room. *Sigh*. I even had to go downstairs to get his hp charger for him because he was so weak.

But then, after I ate dinner... it was another matter.

He came down to eat his meds. And he was smiling.

He complained about having to eat bitter meds. And he was laughing.

He bemoaned the fact that he had to eat "adult" cough meds. And was joking the whole while.


Adult. Very adult.


Then, I took a look at the box.




Take 2 Tea. Interesting.


Me: It says here take 2 tea. The table spoonful is cancelled off. Guess you need tea.
Bro: *takes box away* What the &%#@ do you mean?


He took a look, then burst out in laughter.


Bro: *fakes cough* oh, saya terbatuk-batuk. Saya pun tak tau kenapa. Tak baik-baik lagi dia. Dia cakap minum 2 teh, jadi saya pun minum la dua teh. Dia tak cakap brand apa, berapa banyak. Jadi, saya minum la dua teko.

HAHAHAHA.

What the hell. Brother mine, you are incorrigable.

He's as sick as a dog, yet he wants to make jokes.

Bro: Ala, denggi aje.



Haha. Brother mine, you are definitely incorrigable.







And if you still can't guess who I am, Bryant, I give up.


There's beauty in a breakdown.

2 comments:

Youko said...

HAHAHA ! The ribbon got dirty ! hahaahaha damn funny laa ;D

Faranza Syns said...

Youko: that's why. It got mr to laugh too. And I love the slinky springs. =( ... I'll miss em. XD