January 16, 2009

Don't sink into quicksands.

As dictated by Faranza Syns

Today was... *takes deep breath*

Can we not talk about it?

I don't know what happened. On Wednesday, I was pretty fine running three bloody laps around the field. More importantly, I can breathe once I was done.

Today's Shirtliff practice was (pardon the excessive rudeness) shitty. We were told to run two laps around the field.

By the time I was done, my calf muscles felt knotted, and I could barely pull in a deep breath. Against my unconscious objections, I think I'm developing a fear of not being able to breathe. Thanks to history of asthma and chest colds.

Amanda: It must be scary.


When I had the chest cold, I went to sleep praying I wouldnt die breathless. The irony of life just kills you, doesn't it?

I couldn't pull a deep breath after the run too. I know, I know, oxygen debt and so on, but it was pretty bad. No one realised it, but I was wheezing. So unattractive, but it happened.

My stamina couldn't have dropped that sharply, could it? It's just so frustrating.

But the practice, for once, was ... hype. Laine, our fearless, brave, extraordinary captain, was cheering us on, saying we've done very,very well.

Laine: For those of you who think you haven't done your best, it's okay! There's still chance to be better.

Laine, for once, I love going to Shirtliff practices. Although I didn't run the 100 metre race, I'll try to participate in everything else. Especially for shot putt. ;p


_______________

Xin Huei: Mommy!
Me: *Waves and smiles*
Jordan: Mommy!
Me: You're not my son, darling.
Jordan: *points at Yee Ming* that's Daddy.
Me: NO!

The best thing about talking to Yee Ming is that you just prod him, and he'll talk about Gears of War and so on. All you have to do is nod, interject once in a while, ask him a few questions, and he'll go on and on. But what he talks about is interesting. He practically lives in his room-- TV, XBox 360, computer, bed... it's a miracle it all fit in there.

He loves gore. Lots and lots of gore. He and Amanda... are the same. Gore lovers. Ech. I have a pretty darned weak stomach, as it is. So it's a no-g0 if I want to do Med. Sorry, Pn Haslimah. Doctor in Psychology, yes. Doctor in surgery, NO.



_____________________




Pn Donna: I was just telling Damalis here that when I go to your school, I'm like a celebrity.

Damn right, Pn. Donna. We love you that much. Haha. See? 5 years and still you're firmly entrenched within the deep recesses of our hearts.

I noticed that the girls quickly swarm Pn. Donna. The boys...

Pn Donna: TAN JIA WEI!

Jia Wei: *stops in his tracks, and waves*


He stood firmly where he was, 9 feet away.


Pn Donna: Come here.

Jia Wei: *trudges over*


It was funny, really. Pn Donna was asking him some things, and he murmurs answers, looking at me desperately, then looking anywhere but at Pn Donna.

Then, when Pn Donna finally ends the conversation, he fairly runs away.

I guess us girls have more balls (*snort*) than you guys, eh?

Even Tinash stayed away.

Pn Donna still strikes fear into their hearts, after so many years. How... touching.


_______________________


Finished training for Shirtliff, then bought ice-cream (despite my shortness of breath) and sat down on the curbside, beside Faisal, since he insisted that I sit down beside him.

He asked me the most random question:

"Who are you bringing to prom?"

Damn you.

Who's going to want to go to prom with me? Sad, but true, dear.

We've barely even started our trials, and everyone's already thinking of prom. *Sigh*

Faisal: Bring Azry, la.


And Azry walked past.

Me: Why would I want to bring Azry?


I know, beggars can't be choosers, but I have my pride to protect, darn it all.

Faisal: Farhana, Chu Meng thinks you're cute.


Me, I just don't know to believe him or not. Chu Meng was sitting right beside him, mind. But he didn't say anything. Just laughed.

Faisal: So cute, so cute, so cute, so cute, so round...


That just poofed any feelings of adorable-ness from my mind.

*Sigh*


Male characters in books: RM 32.95. The males in my life? Priceless.


Mine was a story that you told your friends,
Yours were the demons you couldn't defend.

2 comments:

Youko said...

Faisal is StewwwwPID !! hahaahaha .. well someone asked me for prom already ;P hahahahhahahahahhaahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha









:p







iloveyouhanna<3 !

Faranza Syns said...

lol, suka la tu. got someone asked you to prom already. i dun think i'll go to prom. ^_^