December 15, 2008

Susceptible

As dictated by Faranza Syns

I am easily susceptible to interns. Or young looking workers who work at malls. And look super cute helping the old (okay, maybe not so old) ladies look for their children's uniform.

Went to Tesco today to look for a new pair of black pumps and to look for my sisters' uniform. When we went to the uniform section,

HOTTIE ALERT!

Lol, okay, so maybe at first glance, he wasn't entirely a hottie. He was, pretty much, average, but more than mediocre. And he was wearing jeans and a normal day-to-day t-shirt (that looked oh-so-cute on him). AND, he looked like he just finished Secondary school.


So, I was helping mom pick out my sister's uniforms. And didn't pay the guy much mind. Okay, while looking for the uniforms, I was brainlessly bored. I kept on thinking up the plot for my novel and how to kill off this character that just really had to go (thanks for the gory suggestion of elephant trampling, Hariz. That is really blog-worthy. =_='').

Then, after I was so so so bored minding the trolley, I walked towards my mom, then, only did I notice...

Oh my god, the guy was like helping all the mummies and daddies pick out their children's uniform.

Isn't that so blog-worthy as well? More so.

And he looked sooooo delicious-- okay, scratch that. He looked so scrumptious-- okay, am I that hungry? Sheesh. Well, to put it simply, he looked... like a good guy. And hell yes, I am very susceptible to good guys. He looks so honest-to-God that I can't help but stare at him. For a long, long time.

Then, after a long time of observing him, I was like... shite, am I really into interns or something like that? God, I'm pathetic. But I guess it was because they are willing to work rather than sit on their bum. And they are doing something in order to take the next leap into life. They are working, for goodness sake!

I was like whispering to my mom: "Is he a worker?"

Mom: A person from Canggih.

And she said it while smiling in a "oh, I'm proud of that boy and I'm so fond of him" kind of way.

Hey, when you get your mom going gaga over a guy you're staring at, that's huge, okay?

And he was cute.

I don't know why, but my love for intellectual minds usually clouds my perception of their physique. It always has. Look at what happened with the previous intern? Haha, Afzan. I keep remember you saying he's not handsome at all. And yes, that did make me crack up a bit, albeit the fact that I defended him.

Anyways, nothing happened. Sadly. I'm a poor, poor girl. But I think I'll put him somewhere in my stories. But I highly doubt it since most of my stories are already planned and I really hate to add on unless really necessary.

Nevertheless, he's someone I'll remember. An interesting character. He didn't have charm. No, he wasn't actually smiling the whole time. He didn't grin and knock the socks off old ladies (okay, NOT so old). But his single-mindedness in doing his work, the way he was working with a no-nonsense attitude and a sense of hidden chivalry in him... well, it charmed me.

And to think I swore off men.

So, Mr. Man-from-Canggih, if I have room, I'll put you in one of my stories.

If not, well... just settle for my blog. It's not as if you know me.

Ugh, I have to stop falling for interns.



All eyes on me in the center of the ring,
Just like a circus.

0 comments: