December 24, 2008

A Deluge of Sorts

As dictated by Faranza Syns

I am going crazy over "Magic, The Gathering - Battleground".

So skip this if you want to listen to my more sensible musings. God knows I lack it sometimes. Haha.

Maraxus, we suit each other. Ihsan's Shade, I love your voice. Err.. who else? Multani, I love the way you say "Giant Growth" (mostly because I always cast that particular sorcery on my Defiant Elves). Entorin, the way you say "Llanowar Elf" is just so inspiring.

Ok, I know I'm crapping. But MTG is one of the games I'm pretty good at.

Take Halo for one-- I always get skewered by the Energy Sword or the blasted to oblivion by the shotgun, or sniped out of the blue. But then again, I did "Run Riot" so it's pretty cool, too.

... Of course it's more than PRETTY cool! It's waaaaaaay cool when you go on a Killing Spree or when you Run Riot. *dreamily sighing*

Anyways, I went online the night before going to Pangkor. And found this very professional looking video at YouTube. Let me see a show of hands for those who play The Sims 2!

Not that I can see, but anyways, heads up: you do know that people do music videos based on TS2, right?

There's one video that is absofreakinlutely the best. Made by JayDee. Brilliant. Brilliant.

But then again, me stating it so baldly would not really drive you guys to watch it. Oh well.

__________________________

Was watching Fara (is that how you spell it? Ah heck. What do I care?) the other day.

Then, I noticed...

Me: Oh, she's gained weight.

Have you ever noticed how we seem to be able to pinpoint in minute detail whatever changes artists go through? (especially when it regards - God forbid - weight?)
A certain time ago, while in the livingroom, munching on snacks and watching the television...

Ma: Eh, she lost weight, la! I remember last time when she used to be very overweight.

It seems like artists' weight is a rather entertaining and a somewhat staple subject whenever the television is turned on.

I guess artists will just have to endure this, since they did choose this path-- to appear before the public, to become the paradigm of "The Perfect One". Perfect nose, perfect smile, perfect teeth (although our dental plan isn't that good), perfect pose. In other words, they have the duty to show us the true meaning of perfect perfection. Yes, a tough job, but someone's gotta do it.

Society (although unawares) had stereotyped people in the show-biz: they must all be beautiful. If you see a fat heroine, wouldn't you cringe? What are the chances of the audience being captivated? 1 to a million, mayhap, if the heroine had a beautiful personality that endears her to the audience. But the odds are still too small. What are the chances of you comparing the hot side-character to the too-much-of-a-damper-for-erotic-imaginations lead man? "Eh, I like ****** (name censored for anonymity) more than ***** (name censored, because I don't wanna get sued) la. He's a lot hotter. HOT HOT HOT!" - How many times, pray tell, have most of you heard this when you walk out of the movies?

Countless.

But then again, we shouldn't entirely blame everything on the artists, should we? Blaming them for being not-so-flawless, and shattering our illusions of perfection is rather childish. And -forgive me for saying so- rather stupid and pointless.

But hey, we aren't anything if not human. So here I go, just last night, commenting on Fara's weight. Yes, we can barely stop ourselves.

We notice other people's shortcomings. We point them out. But when people point out our shortcomings, we bristle.

Imagine if a starlet walked over to you and told you (while you were still gaping at their oh-so-wonderfulness, and their glitter glam) that you were an overweight whale with a tendency to walk bow-legged.

Ouch. I'll rip that perfect mouth off that perfect face.

Golden rule, golden rule!:


"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

How we want to kill people who came up with these golden rules. Because ouch, it pricks the pride.

So... what should we do now?

I hate to be a stick in the mud, but...

"Tepuk dada, tanya selera."

Heck, how can you pat your chest and question your appetite? But I digress. That is off-the-point.

Like what the Malay proverb stated, we shall just have to make our decisions, and our own stand.

Tough to do, but we've gotta do it.

Life's a bitch all around, or haven't you noticed?


But tonight, let's just forget that, shall we not?


HAPPY X'MAS !

(To those who do celebrate) XD What the heck...

New Year's about to come around soon... It's moving too fast, but it's been a great ride. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Muahx mauhx muahx! To you, you, and YOU. Even you, you stranger.

It's a time fer lovin'!

And a time for me to pipe down.. =_=''



Too busy writing your tragedies.
Such boundless pleasure.

0 comments: