June 25, 2009

That Green Tunnel, Our Voice Echoed

As dictated by Faranza Syns

These past few days have been hectic, draining.

But for some twisted reason, it's been really fun. The debate team, both the Wira Cup and the HELP University College team, is made up of awesome, super, wonderfully crazy people. I wonder why I never realised this last year? Suppose I was a bit too nervous to see that these people are super special. And I can feel an affinity with them. Despite the many misunderstandings we have (duh, it's a debate team. Of course there are misunderstandings), we managed to get it together, and we rocked it.

The loons of the group?

HELP Debate Team

Eugene:
Suprised me when he came up with some research stuff on one of the topics we were working on. He didn't entirely have to. He wasn't in the Wira Cup team anyways. But he helped out and it was uber great of him. He talks so fast that people rarely catch what he's saying. *grin*.


Kimberly Ng:
To be very blunt, honest, truthful, and to the point, I didn't entirely like her last year. I was okay with her, but I was no big fan. I have no idea if it's nothing personal, or maybe it IS something personal, but with hindsight, I'd say that I was intimidated, and annoyed. Initimidated, because I didn't have much of the makings of a backbone to even answer her heated debate questions, and annoyed because when she questioned us, she never ever gave us answers. And the rate we were all going, it got us all pretty agitated. But this year, when I've managed to get into the groove, and I could easily deflect her countless, deep, probing POIs, I feel like I've found someone who's just plain bloody awesome in debate. She finds our loopholes, and points out convincing arguments when we needed help. And of course, she's the link between us and Mr. Shafie. I doubt I wouldn't morph into one messy, confused puddle of putty if I had to talk to Mr. Shafie directly. She's a great supporter; honest, but not too annoying in her comments. She knew when to stop, I think. And yeah, she's no longer someone I'd be intimidated of. Because hey, I know her better now. Enough to know that she would also love to have sex on the table.

Ahem. Moving on.


Amanda:
Awesome-est researcher ever. Of course, us debaters never love that part where we had to stare at the screen too long. Reading the whole bloody article is out as well. And really, we never really got the knack of research. Amanda is awesome at that. The things she could find could bring me to multiple ahem... well, nevermind. But she's been great in her help. She's helped us find evidence. And really, Dharr loves her a lot. After all, only she could get Dharr to understand stuff (despite the ironic fact that I am the translator between the two. Apparently Amanda speaks some other language that Dharr doesn't understand, but that's a different story.) We've smuggled her into the quarantine room (legally) and then we pumped her for information. Really, she's priceless.



Pavethra:
Pavethra Selvarajoo. Is scared of kitties. The person who sometimes has very little inhibitions is scared of one harmless cat. But despite it all, I love her. She shouts, screams, shrieks and really, she wants to jump me more than once (her words, not mine). Of course, I indulge her whenever I can. She talked of breast milk on her debate, and I really can never forget that one. Hi-bloody-larious, I say. She contributes actively in most of our discussions, although a great deal of the time, we'd end up talking about something really stupid and bawdy. Pave has also successfully managed to embarass me in front of each and every male debater of every school we went against. "Eh, Farhana, you're suitable for him, la!" "Eh, Farhana, go sit beside him, laaa." "Farhana, go get his number. Now!". All of this said right in front of the male debaters. If I didn't love her, you'd find a body without a head inside the school van. And she somehow managed to rouse the whole debate team to follow her lead. All I could do was nod indulgently and agree to go with her decision to jump me. "Go ahead, Pave. I don't mind. Jump me all you want." Because really, who am I to deny her what she needs?


~ TBC~


Some things should never be said.
One-eyed snakes should never be mentioned.

0 comments: