June 7, 2009

Doubting Thomases

As dictated by Faranza Syns

I feel like hurling the contents of my stomach.

How I wish it were because I was preggers.

Okay, just kidding. No, I don't want to get preggers. It's bad enough that people... Nevermind.

But all in all, I hate feeling like this.


_____________________________________


I just died and went to heaven. Well, a heaven where I still drool from my nose, and cough like an old hag, but really, this is as close to heaven as a corrupted person like me could get.

Currently, I am waiting for the complete installation of Magix Music Maker 15 Premium. Excited. Ecsatic. Orgasmic.

Hah, and to think that I would have to buy the thing. Oh my gee, I'm starting to feel like Kino, where he left the best oyster for last. Do you suppose I'd be jinxed, and the installation would suddenly decide that it doesn't like me one bit and start going kaput just to drive me crazy? A far-fetched notion, but none I'm about to overlook.

I will now shut up until the installation is complete.

OH MY GAD, DID IT JUST PAUSE AT 67 PER--

Oh wait, it moved. ...Gawd, that was horrible. I imagine it would be as bad as when a husband has to watch his wife give birth. The natural way. Not that C-section is not equally awful (with lots more gore, I'd say).

Okay, I will now beat any desire to crack anymore smart-ass quips about pregnancy into a pulp.

And what happened to my promise to shut up, you ask? You know better than that.

Heck, I hope I don't suddenly contract fever. That would be just horrid. And come to think of it, I haven't even started on my AddMaths project. Knowing me, I'd probably start around... say... Sunday?

The next one, I mean. I am incorrigible, yes. I don't think anyone can change me unless I really want to. I believe my parents have learned that the hard way. Sometimes I feel awful for putting them through hell. But then they put me through hell too, so that guilt usually dissipates real quick.

I remember when I was a kid--OMFG, WHY IS THIS INSTALLATION TAKING SO BLOODY LONG?

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG-- IT'S DONE.

... I suppose I'll wait a while longer.


___________________________________



I just opened a newspaper, and read that a local artist got married to a guy who converted to become a muslim.

I quote: "-enter guy's name - berharap -enter female artist's name- akan mampu mendidiknyauntuk menjadi orang yang lebih beriman."

Translation: "-enter guy's name- hopes that -enter female artist's name- would be the guiding light in his life and strenghten his resolve of becoming a better muslim."

Now, that's all rather touching and dandy, but I couldn't help but laugh.

Why?

Because the said female artist who was supposed to be the guiding light (okay, so I was paraphrasing, but you get the gist) was wearing a gown that was oh, so revealing. Low-cut, front and back, string strap, sleeveless and very, very form-fitting. And lookie, no head covering.

Forgive me for doubting her abilities at reforming her husband just yet.

This is a sensitive issue for some people, I realise, so if you can't swallow this, and try to think of my point of view, kindly hike your arses presence from my blog. I don't want any hurt feelings; you can comment, and argue, but no bloody flaming, please.

First off, I realise I'm not much of an exemplary character myself. What with cracking sex jokes 24-7 and stuff. And I am quite a believer of 'heck-you're-not-so-good-yourself-so- just-shush'. Really, I am. But when they made that statement, that the guy would be depending on the female to guide him, I was pretty much baffled, bewildered, and tickled silly.

It's sorta like that proverb we like using, "bagai ketam mengajar anaknya berjalan."

I am not saying that the girl does not have good faith in Islam. Heck, she might even be better than me. I am not saying-- just because I wear a scarf -- that I am better than her. No. But I cannot help the doubt that I have for her ability to guide. Do you get my point?

I cannot argue if she prays more than me. I cannot argue if she's memorised the whole Quran. But if she really does that, she sorta has to be pretty devout, no?

So what's stopping her from showing it in a physical way? Start by ... say... wearing clothes that cover her?

I am not harping on about the lack of a head covering. I am just saying that the statement was a silly one, considering how she was dressed.

Totally, I am not against wedding a guy who's a convert. Heck, I'd even be happy to marry him. Because converts usually appreciate their religion more. Especially if their move to change their religion is because of a feeling deep inside their soul that says 'this.. this is right.' They cherish what they've found. Heck, sometimes, they understand their religion more than us born-Muslims do. They found it all by themselves, and the feeling is sweeter compared to those who were born into Islam. We take it for granted.

So yes, I would wed a convert. But only if he converted because he loves Islam. Me? I'm just the second part of the picture. I come after.

Because I'm not sure I'll ever be good enough to guide someone in that respect.

I hope -insert guy's name- would be a great Muslim. Because, looking at the circumstances, I have my doubts.

But I suppose I should give them the benefit of the doubt. I've no right to judge them. Why bother with everyone else's business when my own are not so well looked after?

Just pointing out my thoughts, dearest.

And the irony of the world.



I suppose I'm starting to love myself again.
Don't ruin this for me.

0 comments: