June 27, 2009

Continue to Persevere

As dictated by Faranza Syns

Redundance is my life. But I hate it when other people do it. It's illegal for them to form redundant sentences. Only I have the prerogative to do so. Hmmph.

As I was sitting at one of tables in the library, I saw one of those card thingamajigs they paste on the surface of the table. Sorta like trying to teach people how to use English words. I browsed, then saw:

...bla bla bla... continue to persevere... bla bla bla.

I stared at it a long time. I think my brain could not get over the fact someone could get it so wrong. It took me about a century or two to absorb the fact that such a sentence existed.
Then, I got back home and went on the net. Would you bloody believe it? Continue to persevere does exist. It's used by quite a lot of people. But you see, my brain still couldn't accept it. Persevere already means continue. So, you continue to continue in some effort, course of action, etc. in spite of difficulty... ?

I swear, I will never use continue to persevere. My brain would go into multitudes of seizures if I ever did.

Oh, and I just realised that my CBox is gathering dust, so I decided to just delete the darn thing. Pfft. There's the 'comment' section for a reason. The CBox would just be like a dead-limb hanging off my much abused sockets.

___________________________________


S: Arrgh, I can't do this. I need something... or someone... *glances at female debater*


This, ladies and gentlemen, is the forlorn speech of a stressed-out debater.

It's so bad that he repeats this sentence more than once. It's scary enough for the other female debaters who were with him to start freaking out.

He really needs a girlfriend.

____________________________________


Ah. It's not everyday that you marry off a child that you'd only discovered you had (Xin Huei, you have a sister!).

But of course, the two daughters of mine are from two different men. (I can't remember who your father was, Xin Huei. I'm sorry. I'll have to do some DNA tests for you.)

It was hilarious wedding. Nearly as hilarious as a big, fat, Greek wedding. But really, it's our own style of a wedding now, isn't it? The Alpha way. Teehee.

An exhibition wedding is so fun, isn't it? Especially when the parents of the Indian bridegroom turns out to be Malay and Chinese.

As we waited for the wedding to commence...

Laine: ...Mummy, shouldn't we talk about snoring, now? It IS gonna happen tonight after all.

Me: ... Let's leave it for later.

Laine: Mummy! I need to know now!

Me: ... What's there to it? You just take off your clothes, get under the covers, and snore.

Laine: ... But mummy, I don't sleep naked.

Me: ... Well, it's a good time to start.


And when the wedding was over, I heard Aja say to my son-in-law: "Don't forget your tongkat Ali, tonight!" *wink wink*

I was... ahem. Well, as long as it assists in snoring, I'm okay.

And please. If you even ASK me what 'snoring' is in this post, I will behead you.

What would you naturally do on your wedding night, my dears?



Oh, Mr J, why did you spurn me so?

0 comments: