May 14, 2009

Round

As dictated by Faranza Syns

I've just found out that sitting hunched over a desk that's one foot too short for you comes with dire consequences. Very dire consequences.

I think I've injured my spine from all the hunching. Around ... say... 5 hours a day. And what's better is that I have to endure this for another... say... two weeks? Truly, this is some sort of penance, isn't it? Some sort of cruel punishment for a certain something I've done unwittingly before. I can probably list a few in the offing, something straight off the top of my head, but I don't think it's going to register from my head to my fingers, you know. Spinal problem and all.

______________________________________


Yesterday, as per usual, I was watching over the moving of the students of the '1st Floor Benteng' area. As I was shouting my arse off trying to get the students to walk two by two (which never saw much success, since I was dealing with idiots, as it was), a few of the male students walked in front of me, smiling in that annoyingly placating way, in that yes-I'm-doing-what you-don't- want-me-to-do-but- I'll-do-it-anyway-so-be-appeased-with-this-smile look. It irked me since these boys were the exact people who drove me and Aly near homicidal.

Then, as they walked by me, blase as to the fact that they were defying me, one of them shot me another of those annoying smiles. Then, out of nowhere, he said, nodding, "I believe I can fly."

Some primal instinct in me could not make my whiplash-quick reply any better: "Go die."

Was he an idiot, or was that intentional?

But either ways, it managed to make me laugh, despite the annoyance that made me want to smack their heads. They were really not so stupid. It's just that 'naaaawwww, I ain't nobody stewpid' attitude they have about them. But come to think of it, since I've been taking care of the 1st Floor Benteng area, a good deal of interesting things, small things, have occured, making me laugh.

And it'sno tough feat to do that, really. But a feat I appreciate nonetheless. I might look like I have a ten-inch branch shoved up my heinie when I am on duty, but really, I'm just red-blooded and a chameleon.

And who's to deny themselves the pleasure of a good laugh? Eventhough they have 2 weeks of torture to go through, still?



Take a look in the mirror.
No, that's not you.

0 comments: