May 9, 2009

Our ride

As dictated by Faranza Syns

Me wanna huggies kissy Miss Von Von!

Thanks so much, love, for thy support. And many congratulations on making JPA! Will miss sending you random texts, when you leave. Eh, it seems that everyone I send random texts to have left (or will be leaving) Malaysia. This is so not fun.

Who else am I to squander my oh-so-little monies on? ;p


_______________________________



Youth, eh? It's like a riding the DNA Mixer. As you ascend slowly, you feel the adrenaline pumping through your veins. You grip tight, eager, bubbling over with anticipation, dread, and excitement. As it moves slowly, cogs turning, you shut your eyes tight... And it gathers momentum, and you open your lips and shout, scream your heart out. Scared, but exhilarated. The ride gets dizzying, and inevitably, your breath leaves you. And you scream, and scream and scream. Hoping for someone to save you, your grip on whatever you could reach turning your knuckles white. Wishing, wishing that the ride would end. End now. Please end now.

But as it slows to a crawl, you finally get a breather. You inhale, and your breath leaves you once again in spurts of laughter. And you wish it had not ended.

As you get off the ride, you stand back, staring up, biting your lip.

Maybe I'll take another ride.

Don't worry, love. You're not alone. I'll grab your hand, and I'll drag you along with me. We'll ride it till we lose our heads, lose our hearts. If I falter, it'll be your turn to push me onwards. We'll lean on each other for a while. The future will come soon enough. We'll stand alone soon enough. But for now, let's hold hands and ride this crazy ride together.

Because I want this memory.

If there are times that I don't want to ride our ride, scared and bitter, feeling the novelty fade, giving way to hard, cold reality, remind me once again what we've promised each other.

Before we grow up too fast, too soon, let's just enjoy our ride till the end, over and over again.

Remind me, remind me.

Because there are times when I forget, when I never actually meant to.


________________________________


I got his wish. ;)



I wanna be played like a violin,
Make the strings taut with your fingertips.

0 comments: