April 1, 2009

All Time High

As dictated by Faranza Syns

Song on stereo: I'm Coming Around Again - Simon Webbe


I'm feeling uber optimistic, despite my bout of PMS-sy bitchy pessimistic attitude and views.

Tomorrow is EduBox again. Yay!

I'm the self-appointed supposed leader of the team.

Let's focus on the good stuff that happened today.

We were free for almost half the day. The first half of the school day was free because nearly half of the Alpaha class was involved in the dress rehearsal for Speech Day. Smart-arses. It's also because some smart-arses people decided to skip school today. Hah. (OMG, be optimistic, Farna.)

Next, we had some talks after recess. Career talks, supposedly. Which was very beneficial, really. But I knew the answer of one question, but heck, Derrick got chosen instead. (think. positive. thoughts.)

We got one candy. So I suppose all else could be forgiven.

Then, we went back to class. And Pn. Siti Marani didn't enter. Phew.

While I was doing the Chemistry exercise, Mei Yin called to me, telling me to look at Jet. I stared super hard, and saw that he was chewing. "JET," I called out. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

He was eating. Obviously.

Chan went to him, and asked him something, blocking him from my view.

Granted, I only raised my voice because I was trying to scare him. For fun. Good God. Then, Chan turned to me, and said "Let him eat, la!"

Imagine this in the part of your brain that registers sound: A tone of voice that is accusatory and angry.

And what made it worse was that nearly half of Alpha chimed in, saying, "Yeah la, Farhana! Let him eat la! What la!"

Yes, I know I am sensitive. I don't need a degree in psychology to know that fact. Tears after being scolded is proof enough. Yeah, I know you guys were just teasing me. And yeah, I suppose I was in the wrong when I shouted at Jet.

But stamping me as the villain-- as the bad guy-- ...that just nicked my feelings in the bud. In a way.

And yes, I became a watering hole right after that. Just a few drops, but enough. I am weak, I tell you.

But funnily enough, Mei Yin came bounding towards me, thinking that the reason I was staring really hard at paper on the table was because I was looking for inspiration on my novel. Aww, Mei Yin, how sweet of you. She offered me tissue when she found out, for God's sake. Thanks, anyways, Mei Yin. Haha. That was also sweet of you when you offered to go to the loo with me when I didn't even think of going. Gosh, I have such an adorably kind friend.

But that aside, I stewed for a while. When Kien Yoong asked for a massage, I consented. But as I started massaging, "Ow, oww, sakit!" he cried. Haha, I guess I was venting on him, too. I became one tad gentler after that.

A while later, he asked me, "Why were you mad?"

Although it was sweet of him to ask (and bother) , no way in hell am I going to admit why to him. Or anyone else, for that matter. But mostly it was because he was having a pounding headache. My poor baby. Haha.

Didn't get to massage Cat though.

Got pranked only once (and what a lousy April Fool's trick it was. Isk.)

Got into a group with four Form Two students for next week's cooking activity. Yes, I was the only logical (albeit somewhat hysterically funny) person there. The others were good sports, but they do spout nonsense at the most random of times.

What else?

Oh. And I can't hug Laine anymore since she now calls me a pervert whenever I come near her.

Ouch.

Takes one to know one, Laine.

Basically, my day was... somewhat balanced.

-ish.

Balance is precarious at best, cataclysmic at worst.

Faranza's precarious at best, cataclysmic at worst.

Whack me on the head, someone.

Being positive takes up too much energy.


I loved you, you loved me,
Supposing we'd have a happy family?
Not on your life,
Nor on mine,
Because looking through the rose-tinted glasses
Never did fulfill any dreams of mine.

0 comments: