April 16, 2009

Limbs

As dictated by Faranza Syns

I woke up stiff. This would've been a a thing I would smile over had it occurred because of something pleasurable done the night before (I said nothing. Blame your imagination).

The build-up of lactic acid has rendered my arm nigh useless. In simple English, that means I was doing too much heavy work to fast that today I am stiff enough to not be able to function properly. My feet are swollen. No, I am not pregnant. But I have calluses and blisters. I demand compensation.

But, there's always that silver lining, eh?

At least I was using the lift the whole day. Up, down, up, down (blame your imagination again if anything beyond the ordinary comes to mind).

But despite that little ray of joy, I feel... bad. Because throughout the photoshoot, I've done nothing but yell at people. Even people who were my friends became poor, traumatized victims. Notice the 'were' in the sentence? There's a possibility they hate me now. Wargh.

Apologies go to:

  • Aja, because you called me ceaselessly, yet I always manage to stare at you a second before I have to focus on something else, leaving you standing there, dazed.

  • Aaron, for snarling at you just because you opened the gate one millisecond too late.

  • 5 Amanah boys for being insensitive and for not recognizing that you guys deserved some respect too although you guys were burrs up my saddle. (But you guys really should've listened to me when I asked you guys to go up. Yes, that kinda spoils the apology, but know this: I feel bad for treating you guys like criminals after all you've done for us.)

  • Sally, because I kept on sending you up to call students down. I feel your pain(s), hun.

  • 2 Amanah students, because I sent you down at the wrong time.

  • Some random form 2 guys, for yelling at you because you did not want to move in front during the arrangement process.

  • Natasha and some form 4 guys, for being so skeptical of you, and not believing you were having a PJ class when you were hanging around the Skylite. And for threatening you with a BSL. But Haseef started it first I shouldn't have done it.

  • Erin, for being so slow the first few minutes of the photoshoot. No one told me what to do. And that leads me to another apology which is I am sorry I'm so blur.

  • Pn Sheela, for any possible whining right after the photoshoot. I was near cataleptic, I don't even remember what I did.

  • Jia, for being only a BM H.O.D and for not doing much. (yes, I was being sarcastic. Hmmph.)

  • Shukran, for not responding to your questions. I was in a daze right when I was sitting on the stage.

  • Pn Nursham, for panicking too much when Ka Mun didn't come down for the Fencing Club photo, and for making other people wait.

  • Everyone whom I've accidentally said the F word to.

  • Chi Hoe, for no reason. Just because he popped into my mind out of nowhere.


  • Julia, for snapping. Did I? I don't remember. It was a stressful blur. But I have a feeling I needed to apologize to you for something.

  • Afzan. I just wanted to say sorry. For no reason. And also a cover-my-arse-before-I-jump apology, in case those anchovies made you have allergic reactions.

  • Nurul, for being a bad influence.

  • School Admin, for abusing power these two days (illegal lift-rides and eating at restricted areas. Wow, you don't want to know the power of The 'On Editorial Board Duty" Tag.)

  • 5 Alpha teachers, because I've not yet felt guilty for skipping those countless hours of lessons. I'll regret this after Intervention, I promise you.

  • And to Kien Yoong, because I'm still cuter than you.

Ah. And thanks, Nurul, for the sparkling juice. Now I can play the role of drunkard and pervert to perfection.

Till, then...

Maybe I'll continue educating Kien Yoong's mind about things beyond his ken. (Ooh, Sound of Music.)

I love Pn Sheela, actually.


Me: *wilts against the sound system box*
Pn Sheela: Tired, Farhana?
Me: *nods soundlessly*
Pn Sheela: Tomorrow will be worse.
Me: ... I want to die.


Pn Sheela: So, Farhana, now you know what to do right?
Me: *nods*
Pn Sheela: *smiles* Good. So now you'll work fine.


It's... funny, actually. As in funny in a not-humorous way. Pn Sheela's always giving us second chances. God knows she's given me for than five.

Scepticism is... not a thing I enjoy. But life today has so many tricks in it, and so many people who rush about... I can't help it, can I?

For now, I just pray my limbs will stay intact long enough for me to get through the Third Wave.




Clap, and stomp.
Make them know you're there.
Cheer and shrill,
Don't let them feel your fear.

0 comments: