April 28, 2009

Because He Expects It

As dictated by Faranza Syns

I am going to say this with enough glee-and-jeer in my tone to turn any male within a thousand-mile radius off, as opposed to turning them on.



I beat you, Teh Yee Ming.
(although only in Chemistry)



Someone: But, I studied *whines*
Yee Ming: I studied, too! And I got a 50.

Me: *perks up* I didn't study, I didn't study!

Yee Ming: Yeah? How much did you get?

Me: 52.

Yee Ming: I can almost see her posting this up in her blog. "I beat Yee Ming".




Well, since you wanted it so much... Haha.

The final score was 56. I still beat Yee Ming. Hah. And without even studying beforehand. I win, Yee Ming.

And thanks so much for your over-the-top imitation of me whilst in the throes of longing. I know you missed me, Yee Ming. And thank you for seeing me as a cheerful, irrepressible person. I am now convinced that I have not deteriorated towards Neanderthal behaviourisme entirely.


Headaches make me testy.

I'm trying to act grown-up when I'm not. It's sad, really.



_________________________________





To the person who has been the best in my life.

Despite the times I wanted to shout at you for hurting my feelings,

Despite the times I felt bitter and selfish,

Despite the times I thought you didn't love me,

I'll always love you.

Because had you not been around, and not been my pillar of strength, I'd never have gotten this far.

I'd not have learned from my mistakes. I'd not have known what to do with my life. I'd not have measured up to anything.

To tell the truth, right after I cry after you've chastised me,

Right after I've learned from my follies,

Right after that moment of bitterness,

I feel the deepest sense of belonging.

Knowing you'll be there,

Always there to cushion my fall,

Eventhough I'm the most ungrateful brat alive,

Eventhough I'm less than appreciative.



I can't help but say the two most inadequate words,

Thank you, Dad.

And despite all that's happened, I love you.

Always will.

Because you're my dad.

Always.

Happy Birthday.



Me: Happy Birthday, ayah! *hugs*

Ayah: Thank you. *grins*

Me: So... *gives the serious, you've-turned-seventeen tone*.. You're growing older, dad.

Ayah: ... Yes.

Me: Not so young anymore, eh, dad?

Ayah: ... So this means you'll help me out more around the house?


My dad's brilliant. Can't argue with that.

How come no songs about dads are popular?

Anyways, gotta go. We're going to celebrate his birthday.

Oh, keep this mushy post hush-hush, eh?

;)



Because he's always been my hero.
And I won't have it any other way.

0 comments: