April 4, 2009

Eye-Candy

As dictated by Faranza Syns

There goes my fantasies-- blown all the way to the Frigid Regions.

I have been misled by a rather enthusiastic Amanda that there would be hot, english-speaking, intelligent guys by the dozens at the HELP Debate Workshop.

Well... at least I got something interesting out of the whole thing.

The Wira debate team had to sit in a different auditorium. The HELP debate team sat in the main auditorium. Half-way through the whole thing, I got bored. I started reformatting my phone. Reinstalled backup files ten times through. Then, I decided to text Dharr.

Me: Eh, Sheng Rei, I wanna text Dharr la.
SR: Text la.
Me: *types* Dharr, I saw JOSHUA.
SR: *looks over* Say that Joshua's hot.
Me: *continues typing* He is HOT.


For those of you who did not know, Dharr has this vendetta against Joshua since last year. We lost to his school (I should be the one who has a stick stuck up my heinie. I lost to my bro's school, dammit). But, I was fine with Joshua. Anyways, amidst muffled laughter from me and Sheng, I sent the message.

Then, afterwards when we were having our lunch break, I read Dharr's reply.

Dharr: What the *toooot*?!


We were all sitting at stairwell, eating, since there was no space in the tiny room for us to sit and eat.

And since I thought that the message was super funny, I said it out loud to Amanda.

Me: Hahaha! I sent a message to Dharr. I said Joshua was HOT! Then, she replied with "What the *tooot*?!".
Amanda:... You do realise that Joshua's right up there? *points at upper staircase.*
Me: Yeah, I know.


At the time, I didn't know she was pointing up at the staircase. I thought she was pointing at the room nearby. Which was logical since everyone was taking food from the room.

But when I processed her words, some gut-sick feeling came over me.

I looked up.

And there Joshua was, looking down.

Somebody should have packed a scythe. Save the Reaper the trouble and just kill me.

I looked away real quick, not wanting to even SEE if he was looking at me directly.

After that, I pretended obliviousness, playing away happily with my phone. Then, came the time when we had to walk up the staircase (and yes, this means passing by Joshua) back to the auditorium.

As I walked past him, I never even looked up from my phone.

If I were someone else entirely, I would've considered myself some love-sick girl who was happily messaging away with her sayang. I must've looked giddily orgasmic.

Eww eww eww.

Scratch that. Hey, I was embarrassed okay? I practically admitted to the public and him that he was hot. The F word doesn't even begin to describe the magnitude of my screw up.

Once, while we were sitting at the stairwell, eating, dear Joshua suddenly had to walk down the stairs, right in front of us. I damn near died of heart palpitations. Don't know what I expected, but he seemed like he was looking at me. Oh, mind you, that was after I practically declared he was hot.

Oh. My. Gawd.

Somebody buy me a chainsaw and start cutting me up. NOW.

But thank God, he walked on by. And though when he was walking past, me andEugene were talking about him, we kept straight faces.

Me: Dharr's got a huge thing against him. But I'm fine with him actually.
Eugene: I wouldn't know. I've never debated against him.

Cue: Joshua walks down steps, looks at me, and walks past.

Me: *chatters on* Yeah well, that's good then. *pauses*... Was that Joshua?
Amanda: You think?

But after that walking-past-him-looking-semi-orgasmic ordeal, I decided to face it like a brave person with considerable amount of guts.

In other words, I am not going to walk out of the room just because he walked in.

Worked considerably well.

When I went into the separate auditorium, I frankly sank to my knees and thanked God for putting me in a different room. (sans the kneeling part. That was just dramatics.)

Anyhow, let's put that aside, eh? Joshua's not worth the brain cells I kill.

Ah, the exhibition debate was uber awesome, uber clever, uber full of laughter.

Once, the government side had a POI they really wanted to ask. So, first, the First Speaker stood up, raising his hand. When ignored, the 2nd Speaker stood too. Consequently, the 3rd Speaker stood as well. After a while, the 1st Speaker decided to be smart.

Okay, try this out. Place your right (or left) palm against the back of your head. Then, extend the opposite hand in front of you.

That's the traditional way of asking for a POI. But no one does it anymore.

Upon being ignored, the 1st Speaker finally resorted to using the traditional pose.

The hall quickly reverberated with cackles of laughter and a sitting ovation (just applause. I'm feeling quirky today, so humour me.) It was bravely bold (redundant, I know) of him, but it added to his style, I'd think.

The Government somehow appealed to me more. I might be biased, but heck. The way the First Opposition used the religion argument kinda turned me off. Because he wasn't using it to its full advantage.

But anyways, he was hot, so let us all forgive him.

Okay, so yes, there are hot eye-candies there.

Manwyn was so-so, too.

Oh. My. Dharr, don't kill me.

On cellphone.
Me: I'm gonna have to start falling for Joshua if you keep telling me he sucks.
Dharr: OMG, who are you? I don't know you.
Me: Haha, grool. Now I can move on to greener pastures.


It was fun. So even if I didn't find someone to crush over, I think I'll be fine. I've polluted two minds today, so I feel content.

And no, it's not sexual pollution. It's just piracy.


___________________________


Distance dulls it all, huh?

Let's breathe easy now that everything has faded into the blue.

David Archuletta can rest easy. I am so over you.



Shake this off, and we're once again moving on.

0 comments: