March 22, 2009

I have long forgiven you.

As dictated by Faranza Syns

You know with certainty that I can never hold a grudge for long. It's something I must I'm not good at.

I am a lousy lalang. I lack the fundamentals of a backbone. I build resolutions that crumble to dust by the next week.

I believe I've made my point clear.

And so, sweetheart, I am not mad at you. Period. Maybe we can't change the fact that it happened, but we can always live with it.

So, we'll frame this in our hall of memories. One day, we'll look back down this hall, and smile at the silliness of our youth.

Silly youth with its overdone frivolity.



______________________________




Kak Dyana is currently going through her exams. Thus, naturally, at each moment possible, she would revise.

She's training to become a doctor.

Must say, it was very interesting, the materials she was reading. I even sat beside her and read her stuff. She loves it when I do that. In fact, right after I came back from the restroom, she patted the spot beside her and said "Come, Farhana, let's study."

Ha. I barely passed Bio and I am reading Medic now? Priceless.

The conversation that comes up is ... interesting too.


Me: Effects of excessive TH (thyroid hormone).... bla.. bla.. wow! It causes loss of weight. I want it.
Dyana: Just take hyperthyroid pills.
Me: Ish! What kind of doctor are you? Soliciting information on drugs like that!
Dyana: Haha!
Me: ....Which pills should I take?
Dyana: Ish, Farhana ni merepek aje!




Kak Dyana also has this annoyingly infectious habit of giggling-cum-laughing-cum-chuckling.

When she does that, I'll look at her, and then I'll start giggling-cum-laughing-cum-chuckling too. And then, we'll never stop. It'll go on and on. Until we get tired of laughing.

Me: Ack! Excessive TH on sexual functions... causes impotency in males! Causes drop of libido if lacking TH! Eeek!
Dyana: Of course.
Me: Can I have hyperthyroid without the side-effects?
Dyana: ... No.

And then we stared at each other. And started the giggling phase. That moved on to the chuckling phase. And moved on to the laughter phase.

Kak Dee, you are priceless.



Ten steps from your bed to your door.
Ten steps and I'll see you no more.
I'm about to break your heart,
Or so I hope.

0 comments: