March 20, 2009

The Best that You Could Hope For.

As dictated by Faranza Syns

A certain spot on my face, under my fringe, is stinging. Why, you ask?

Last night, the night that my relatives from Penang were supposed to arrive here in KL, I helped Mama prepare the night's feast: home-cooked chicken rice.

And yes, a main component of that would have to be the chicken.

And how do you usually prepare it? Frying, no?

And frying involves a pan, and fire and hot, crackling oil.

Naturally, the thing crackled a lot. And as my luck would have it, the thing exploded on my face.

Okay, that is overly dramatic. Actually, only a little of the oil managed to get on my face. But it was painful.

Hence, the stinging sensation on my face.

Great, eh?


________________________________

Me and Aja have been performing a transaction. Well, it's actually only her. She gave me Tokio Hotel songs. Gahaa.

Here we go. My dad's going to start with his "Monotonous song-- play something else" phase.

This morning, I played "Kiss Me Through The Phone" for my cousin (since she wanted it bad). Then, I left the computer playing the song so that I could go eat breakfast in peace. Then, my cousin came down as well, without me noticing.

And as I was blissfully devouring my breakfast like a starving (wo)man, dad came over to the table and started doing something. I wasn't paying attention. But what he said next got my attention, alright.

"What Indian song are you playing on the upstairs computer?"

Since I've already gotten used to my dad's flippant comments on the songs I play, I didn't pause; just smiled and continued eating.

Alah bisa, tegal biasa, they say.

After getting hit by my dad's wit many, many times, you're bound to build some sort of immunity against it.

Priceless, father mine.

____________________________



Dan, segala yang ku ada,
Ku berikan semua,
Untuk dirimu saja,
Ku mahu dirimu bahagia 'tuk selamanya,
Biar sampai syurga,
Aku menunggu,
Cinta darimu,
Agar ku sempurna.


I wish.


Namun aku tetap aku,
Yang terbaik untuk diriku,
Hanya satu.

Aku lemah tanpa kamu,
Ku ingin mu dampingi ku,
Aku fahami aku bukan terbaik 'tuk dirimu,
Sampai syurga ku menunggu,
Sampai syurga ku cinta mu,
Hanya kamu.


Foolish, foolish man. You won't be able to procreate that way. How are you going to ensure the continuation of life on this earth? At the rate you're going, heaven's going to come real soon. Sooner than you expected. And your oh-so-everlasting love isn't going to amount to much, is it?

Oh, and yes. Who are you to say that you are going to be in heaven?

Marya, a cousin of mine, nailed that thing right on the head.

Marya: Lelaki tu bukannya tentu nak masuk syurga. Sepatutnya "Syurga-slash-Neraka." Baru betul.

Okay, yes, I was being sassy. We were being sassy.

And yes, that might have sounded insensitive, but I was just being sarcastic. You can't really live life being a cold cod fish. Come on, lighten up! Haha.

I suppose I understand the song.

No, actually, I just like the angelic chorus. Haha. Well, okay, yes, I understand that feeling.

But logic has never been gentle with feelings. Don't count on your head being in sync with your heart too much.

I don't think there's ever going to be a guy I'd slave away for. I'll make concessions in my life, yes. A compromise and all. But I am not going to sell my life away.Not completely, at least.

Come to think of it, it's scary. The degree of trust that you must have with that person you're about ot share your life with...

I don't think a person full of conspiracy theories is going to pass in that department with flying colours. Do you?

Precisely.


____________________________


Me: When you'll never get it, you want it really bad. But when you're about to get it, suddenly you realise you don't really want it after all. Haha.

S.M.: Well said, girl!


Well said, indeed.




And when I build you a steeple
You say it's incomplete
'Cause you need the whole cathedral
To satisfy the need.


0 comments: