July 4, 2009

Break off.

As dictated by Faranza Syns

It's funny how unlucky I am with things that hang off key-chains.

My phone-chain, the one in the shape of an outline of a heart, just snapped off its string one day.





And now I only have a pitiful-looking string hanging off my phone. I suppose I should remove it, but I'm still in the mourning process.





The key-chain Dharr bought for me from Cameron Highlands faced the same fate as my phone-chain. It's those adorably common key-chains of fruits and vegetables. Mine was a mix of red and yellow peppers. Just to butter Dharr up, I attached it to my bag. But somehow, I've forgotten how rough-and-tumble my ways are. Why pull when you can snatch? And so, one day, (quite unshockingly) I found that only one pepper was left attached to the key-chain. I shrugged it off, and continued on with my life. Then, once again, I pulled the zipper of my bag roughly by the key-chain. And I found myself with just a key-chain hoop and no peppers. I feel safe admitting this since my dear Dharr never reads my blog. I've replaced the hoop with a key-chain from Pangkor. Let's see how long this one lasts.

My MP3 player once had a lanyard attached to it. Have mentioned how I like to whip things off instead of meticulously removing them with the gentle touch of a trained courtesan? Well, I'm mentioning it now. I don't know how I managed to fool myself that this kind of rough handling would never affect my player. Until one day, the little chain holding the lanyard attached to the MP3 player snapped. And I've never bothered with a lanyard anymore. I've learned my lesson: no more lanyards. They're like capes for superheroes: utterly redundant.

Although, some would say that the lesson I should have learned was to be more gentle. I'm a female after all. Ah, on that point, I remember mentioning that not many Malay females debate, since most of the Malays I've encountered were male.


Eugene: It's because Malay girls are considered to be delicate and gentle.

Me: Are you saying I'm not delicate and gentle, Eugene?



But I digress. The point is, anything that hangs off a chain is in a very high threat of being ruined.

Lesson for you people out there: don't buy me anything with delicate chains. It's bound to be unbound.





That was my 'Maro he maimed and made his bedmate.

Yes, I'm still bitter about that.




Mr J. is an arse.
I'd rather kiss a corpse than love him.

0 comments: