March 18, 2010

Eventual Paradoxical Embolism.

As dictated by Faranza Syns

It serves me right (or in classic - if not very offensive - Malay: memang padan muka aku) that applications for the JPA PILN Scholarships have closed. ON MY BIRTHDAY. AND I HAD NO IDEA.

This is what's going on in my head:



"Haaa... tu la. Be a lazy ass and procrastinate everything. Padan muka."

"Oh, dad's gonna beat my ass blue all through Monday."


"No more scholarships? Oh what the friggin hell am I gonna do?"


"FCUK."




But hey, let's not be dramatic about this, huh? It's only the matter of our future, right?

Hell, no. So there I was, screwing myself senseless (you blue-heads had better not snicker at that), convincing myself quite convincingly that I "sucked" (again, please do not snicker), when Wei Jie butt in to save the day.

Thank you, dear, for reminding me to keep a level head and giving me a hand on those scholarships. You rock!

But as I chatted with him, I came to realise something.


Me: I might have to depend on IPTAs

CWJ: IPTA?

Me: Local U.

CWJ: Hmm. Where is it located?



I had a "..." moment right then until it came to me that he thought IPTA is a local university. IPTA (for the benefit of people who also do not know the meaning) is Institusi Pengajian Tinggi Awam. As I explained this to Wei Jie, I thought of all SBU students - present and past - and had a =_='' moment when I imagine most of them not knowing what IPTA means. Possibly because as the years progress, many of us turn to IPTS, not giving even an ounce of attention to Pn. Song's adroit announcements on IPTA Edu Fairs.

"IPTA? Whazat?"

Granted, some people just forget the meaning, hence they can be forgiven. But the others really don't know - and it's amusing to think of it.

The memory of IPTA is currently battling its ass off to stay alive in the hearts of SBU students.

We really don't care that much about IPTA, it seems. Until after the dreaded slip comes out.



Him: So what'd you get?

Her: 8A, 2B.

Him: Ah, doomed. I guess it's Matriculation for us.

Her: I guess.

Him: Ah, damn, IPTA, here we come.

Her: Is that a university? Where is it? Near HELP?

Him: ...



UIAM, here I come.

1 comments:

Xeriphex CWJ said...

A little late to comment but I guess I'll do so anyways. I apologize for not remembering what IPTA is.... <_< Also I'm happy to be able to help out, should any further assistance be needed just give me a heads up. I'll be around!