March 19, 2010

You're so cheesy, you make me smile as I wake up.

As dictated by Faranza Syns






Today, I did the one thing I never thought I would do. Okay, I'll cut the melodramatics - I knew I was going to do it, but it didn't feel real enough until I actually went to the place, sat in the chair and signed the receipt.

Hell, I'm taking driving lessons. Have I ever mentioned how paranoid I get when I'm behind the wheel - okay, when I'm imagining myself behind the wheel? What if I'd stopped too soon? What if I'd stopped too long? What if I'd taken the corner too soon? What if I day-dreamed and forgot where I was headed - lost? What if the friggin brake won't work? What if someone put a bomb beneath - okay, I think you get the gist of this, right?

I mean, how would you know when to do what you're supposed to do?

Okay, I suppose I should have a "deep breath" moment.


Shane: That's odd. You're never paranoid.


Correction: I've always been paranoid. It's just that Kimberly Hong's gargantuan paranoia overshadows my small squeak of worry. It swallows mine up (not to mention that she's very vocal about her fears - vocal and loud) and makes it seem like whatever I was about to worry over never existed after all.

But yes, I am paranoid at times. Ask Amanda. The things I worry about are so laughable, it's annoying.

So, it's understandable that I have a fear of being responsible of a metal-made machine of huge proportions (granted, it's just a Kancil, but people have died in Kancils, okay?) with the power to squish a cat into goo. I don't even want to hold a wheel, for God's sake, if it means someone will die from it.

But then again, I'll be going to classes. And the teacher (Abang Man?) is an alumnus of UIA, a place I'm planning to go to. Abang Zul (the other teacher) is also an alumnus. A blessing in disguise? So far, I've only spoken to Abang Zul, and he's pretty sweet and sporting, more than willing to share and talk of his time at UIA, telling me about how horrid orientation is (dead tired, he said, and then they'd start testing your Arab, which I suck at, by the way) and how he used to be in the same room as a Russian and an African. It was fun in a way.

A blessing in disguise? Maybe it's too soon to tell. But I'll put the paranoia to rest - it's tiring to keep up.



_________________________________



Aja's driving herself up the wall with boredom. Someone save her, please.

Kidding.





It's only for someone special.

0 comments: