December 25, 2009

Interval

As dictated by Faranza Syns

I just came back from Lumut. I think I need some time to let the fact catch up with me. It's sorta like jet lag except I haven't really felt it before.

It was a swell-schmell time there. Of course, there was the sea. And I loved it. At around 7, the waves were pretty strong, and it made things all the more fun. Once (for me, twice for the other girls, since I didn't get to go to the beach the day before) Abang Joe, one of my unmarried, 30-something cousin dove underwater as the other boys circled the girls in the water. Then, as he resurfaced, he let out a battle-cry and splashed all of us. Needless to say, the girls put up one hell of a fight and everyone ended up laughing their asses off, panting. Heck, I've forgotten how fun and taxing playing in the water is at times.

The Girls' and Guys' chalet are adjoined, and we were separated only by a thin wall of wood on the inside, and a short wooden fence on the outside. Mostly, the guys liked to crash at our place and despite the girl's attempts to herd them out, hell broke loose on our heads. In the end, it was a battle for sanity.

I slept early just to escape the noise. But whaddya know? Their ruckus could penetrate even the most thickened fog of sleep. I stuffed my ears with my earphones and turned the volume up to somewhere around "CAUTION: MIGHT CAUSE SEVERE EAR PROBLEMS."

I could still hear them in my sleep.

It was hell intermingled with heaven.

Heck, that is so wrong.



I don't like living under your spotlight.

0 comments: