May 13, 2010

Not a moment for crossing fingers.

As dictated by Faranza Syns

This is the fifth post that I guess might end up as a draft because I can't seem to force myself to finish it.

Hah.

I got an email from someone a few days back. It made me get that "awwwh" sensation all over again. Honestly, I'd thought the said person would not be reading my blog anymore, but instead, this person has tried to read my blog. Yay!

Hence, I've decided to make my blog temporarily public again, but of course, I'll keep the old reader's list.

I think the reason I've seemed to stop blogging is because I feel pressured to finish the next chapter of Hayes, and if I don't, and I post something else instead, it would feel like I've disappointed a lot of people. So, I think it might be a wise idea to shift the WALB novel to another blog. To the 2nd blog that I have. What do you guys think? Should I?

Hell, I'm gonna end up doing it anyways, so what the hell.

Any updates will be posted on FB, and here, I suppose. =)




_____________________________



I think I can handle the "jalanraya" part of my driving now. It really helps that Abang Nizam doesn't snap and wrench the wheel like Abang Man does whenever I drive. He talks calmly, and chides me in a firm, but reasonable tone. Of course, he does get pissed off, but that's only because I keep doing stupid mistakes. But hey, I learn better when you don't bite my head off, so kudos to Abang Nizam for figuring that out.

Abang Nizam is... funny. He, of course, teases me about falling asleep, and he also sings out loud when I drive. Yesterday, he was singing a malay song about "satu pasangan tak cukup, dua simpanan juga tak cukup". Finally, I said to him "Hai, Abang Nizam, bila nak kahwin, oi?"

When I drive, he also turns on the air-conditioner full blast, and my fingers end up being freezing cold, and involuntarily numb. When I complained to him, he adjusted the air-conditioning vent, and it ended up being more focused on my hand. He cackled in amusement when I grumbled about it.

In the car, when he drives me and Lyn to the circuit and back home, he always comes up with funny things to say and mostly, it had a lot to do with old Malay movies, Malay movie stars, Malay music, Malay artistes, so on and so forth. When we talked about it, the only contribution I made to the conversation was me laughing. After a while, I sorta realised that I really have not been brought up to care much about Malaysia. Somehow, I've overlooked whatever happens here, and skipped right ahead to what happens outside.

Not very patriotic of me, I know. But then again...

Oh well.

Speaking of driving, I'm having my driving exams tomorrow. And courtesy of the worry and paranoia, I ended up dreaming all about driving last night. Went comatose at 12, and dreamt all about me in a car. Which is pathetic, really.

Today's my last class before the JPJ test tomorrow. I hope it goes well. I really hope it does.

0 comments: