October 19, 2010

Memory Lane's Not Closed at 10.

As dictated by Faranza Syns



I've forgotten just how much I loved words. Not until I read my older posts from days gone by.


Just because you've fallen, it doesn't mean that you're too broken to stand up again.

Just because you've lost, it's no excuse to forget the way you've once roared.



___________________________________________

Finally got to catch Scha (one of my besties at National Service) at FB. It's surprising how much I miss her, and how hurt I felt when she never replied to my wallposts. But I guess she felt ever the more hurt that I never called, texted, or met up with her.

Hence, I've decided that we WILL meet when term is over, or when our holidays somehow collide. Me, Iza Ramos (of Sabah) and Scha Izzati. It'll be like NS all over again, except we'd do it in KL.

These past few days, I've wondered what I could do or post in my blog to bring it to life once again. Because once upon a time, it used to be a happening place where people read my posts, laughed and came back for more. And I was a proud writer who was rarely out of things to discuss. So what happened? What should I do to get that back?

When I reread my older posts, I recognised a pattern in them - they involved people around me. My cousins, my friends, my acquaintances and my family. I wrote about them - their stories.

I suppose I've always liked telling other people's stories. I guess you could call it my story as well. Our lives are all intertwined. And we can't really undo that knot that we've made, we can't unravel that connection that we've fostered.

What I had learned from Usrah, my IIUM unofficial family programme, is that friendships and acquaintaceship - all sorts of relationships - when broken or cut off, hurts. No matter how new it is.

And so, when me and Scha stopped connecting, it hurt. When me and my other friends stopped connecting, it hurts. It began to ball up into a ball of frustration in my gut - like an uneasiness I can't soothe away.

But just now, when Scha and I finally got some time to talk, it sorta faded into the background.


Me: Schaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Scha: sob sob, I'm only gonna be online for a while. I've got a Bio paper tmrw. btw, congrats on making Dean's List!

Me: Thanks! Alaaaa... I miss you lah. =(

Scha: Though you say you miss, it's not like we've ever hung out together at KL, huh? It's like Iza says "korang duduk kehel (KL) pun ndak (tak) pernah jumpa kaa?"

Me:
hahahaha. lain masa la cuti. aku dh nk habis cuti, ko plak baru nak start nanti, kan? xD takpe2. habis 2nd term, kita jumpa kalau free. xD
Scha: i'll take that as a promise. kite jumpa 3 ekor sekali.
imy farr..
rindu tgk kau bawak palmolive shower gel pg toilet.
rindu tgk kau sembur febreze kat baju.
rindu tgk kau bukak tutup poket kt baju loreng.
...rindu tgk kau minum air teh kt dewan.
rindu tgk kau main netball.
rindu tgk semangat kau.
rindu sangat.
*dah,dah. nanti terserlah kelesboan aku.
lol!
tc sistaa. ily. aku out dulu tau. buhbyyye. :)
Haha. It's funny how other people remember things about you that you never even remembered about yourself. So hey, it's not harm to walk down memory lane, and maintain that friendship, because inside everyone you know, there's always one itsy-bitsy part of you. You just haven't seen it yet.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

.I suka this post, sebab menyentuh pengalaman I . I hope you'll get to see your friend soon. ;)