November 7, 2009

And We Loved the Things We Spoke Of.

As dictated by Faranza Syns





AMANDA HAS MORPHED INTO A WOMAN.

I'd make it the headline of a magazine except I don't own one.

Whoo, talk about late bloomers, she's making a boom! I'd have thought the transformation would begin slowly, and progress at a painstakingly leisurely pace. But no. It had to come bite me in the ass.

It started with a haircut. Then, a discussion about handbags. She has never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever talked about handbags enthusiastically. EVER.

And then, she talked about clothes shopping. "Hey, after SPM, can you join me to shop for a dress? I need one for my friend's party."

People, she looked plenty excited talking about it.

Then, came the mother of all doozies:

"Awh, I need to lose weight."

NOOOOOOOO.

She has stolen my part in the relationship. It's usually me who moans about my weight, not her. The other day, we went to the Mall, and what books did she look at in the Big Bookstore?

Books on slimming down.

That scenario scared the jeebs out of me. A person who once only had a passing regard for her weight and body-shape now is going all out on getting fit and into shape.


During recess:

Amanda: Hmmm, what should I eat?

Me: *headed towards the Char Kuey Teow stall*

Amanda: *talks mostly to herself* I can't eat oily foods. Watching my weight.

Me: *pauses*



And a mighty long pause it was in my head. If it were Mei Yin saying so, I'd be smiling and nodding, but Amanda saying it made me feel a bit nonplussed. Just for the moment.

But truthfully, I'm a bit glad she's making waves with her transformation.

After all, now she'll taste the agonies of being a girl. The real pain.

I must admit, it's also quite refreshing to have her able to relate to whatever I moan about. I won't be talking to myself now. There'll be two of us bemoaning our fate.

Good for me, bad for you?

Haha.

Amanda, be happy. I've immortalised you in my blog. ;p


Don't bother to fill in the blanks
We don't want to know.

0 comments: