October 30, 2009

And...

As dictated by Faranza Syns

... there I was, standing outside of the school with Mei Yin, waiting for Ma to finally come and fetch us home.

Aggravatingly, one name kept popping up in my head. On and on and on and - ah heck, you get the bloody drift, don't you? With that name reverberating in my head, I began to pace.

"Mei Yin," I snapped. "You're such a- " I halted. Knowing me, I'm sure the lot of you can guess what my most favourite crude word currently is. (in case you don't know, it starts with p, ends with y, and Jet started it.) "... wuss. God, I am such a wuss."

Bewildered, Mei Yin stared. "What?"

"Mei Yin," I spun around. "Why do you have to be so obsessed?"

"I am?"

"Since you're so obsessed with -insert name-, I can't help but be obsessed with the one person I should not be obsessed with."

The wench had the gall to laugh at me. "Who?" she asked. "Who is it? Is he the one who's the same age as us, or not?"

Appalled, I gaped. "Same age? Puh-lease, no!" Of course, I was thinking of someone else entirely. Who on earth would be obsessed over someone the same age as themselves? I mean, who, right?

Okay, maybe they're the species called "Normal Adolescents" but I seem to be an anomaly in all aspects.

"Wait," I stood before her, as realization dawned. "Who would I be obsessed over in Form 5?"

Mei Yin laughed giddily. "Oh, you know..."

"No, I don't." I paused. "Wait... Jia?!"

It's a revelation for me, even.

"No," Mei Yin stretched the syllable.

"Who? I mean, I'm obsessed with Jia's whiskers, but then... Oh my god, no, not Daniel?!"

"No, la!"

"Who? Oh my god."

"Kessler."

After this point, I don't think I remember my reaction. It was either I laughed very hard, or shouted very loudly.

No, dear, wrong again. There's only one person I'm obsessed with. And he ain't the same age as us.

One clue?

What is the melting point of beeswax in Celcius?

No, actually, don't answer that. It has nothing to do with anything. ;)



_____________________________________



In the Multipurpose Hall, I was sitting down with my skirt hiked up a little, focusing really hard on the Chemistry questions I was not supposed to be answering. It was supposed to be a Physics Workshop, but who the heck cared?

Then, out of nowhere (actually, from the east side), Eugene approached.

"Does it hurt?"

I looked up from my book, shocked. "HA?" came the indelicate sound.

"That. Your leg," he motioned with his chin.

"Oh. That," I looked away, sullenly. Seemingly embarrassed, I tugged down my skirt, masking the dark pink imperfection marring the skin.

"Why? What happened?"

"Hot water," I muttered.

"What?" he said, alarmed. "When?"

I stifled my laughter. Hell, hot water? I had a big birthmark, that's all!

"... I..." came the crack of a smile. "...can't believe you believed me!" And I burst into laughter.

And I didn't stop laughing for a long time, believe me.

Sure, Eugene was pissed off, but he forgives me. Don't you, dear?

What were his words again?

Eugene: I'd hit you, but you're too adorable to hit.


Thank you.





A few minutes later, he sat facing me, reading Gears of War. After a brief discussion of the book, we lapsed into companionable silence. Then, I noticed something else. People like him (Yee Ming, etc.) always regard the books I read condescendingly. (flashback: what's so nice about romance books? It's always the same old plots, bla bla bla.) So, it's only fair that I threw it back at him. I was pretty geared up for an intense discussion.




Me: Say, what's so great about Gears of War, anyways? What's the story about, besides gushing goriness?

Eugene: ... *too focused on book*

Me: ... *pissed.*

Eugene: ...

Me: Eugene.

Eugene: ...

Me: EUGENE!

Eugene: Huh? What?

And since Puan Rashidah conveniently entered the Workshop at that moment...

Me: There, Puan Rashidah called you.

Eugene: She did? *stands up and approaches Puan Rashidah.*


She definitely did not.

I made sure to wait till he was halfway there before calling out to him, "No, she didn't."

And guess what? I laughed my guts out again.

And Eugene wanted to kill me again.

And well whaddya know. He couldn't.

Eugene: You lied to me.

Me: No, I didn't. I just tricked you.

Eugene: YOU LIED!

Me: And you believe me! HAHAHA.


And it sucks, and it rocks,
And it's a bloody good time.

0 comments: