May 11, 2009

See My Soul

As dictated by Faranza Syns

Something uber crazy and head-turning happened today. Heck, due to that happening, I couldn't even focus during BM. My treacherous mind went to lala-land and objected crassly on coming back. When I finished my first essay, I had to cringe-- damn, it was like I translated the whole thing in my head from English to BM and I just wrote everything down with a vacant mind.


_______________________________


As she approached the grill gate, her eyes caught sight of the approaching posse of males with dastardly intent in their eyes.

She hurried her steps, propelled by the ingrained sense of right and wrong. And the boys were about to perform a serious transgression she was never quick to forgive.

They were late. There was no way in hell, heaven, earth or the Milky Way that she was going to allow them to walk through the metal-grill gates, all hunky-dory like they actually deserved to walk through the gates.

Acting on quick efficiency, she grabbed the grill gates and pulled them closer together. The loud, ear-tearing screech of protest from the grill as it was pulled to close was ignored steadfastly. She couldn't care less if people went deaf in the process-- as long as she did her job, she was happy enough.

With a pleased smile, she watched as one by one, members of the posse broke away from the crowd, realising that their attempt was futile, especially against someone as hard-headed and blatantly cold as the monster guarding the gates. They retraced their steps and used the designated way for latecomers, not up to such an annoyance so early in the morning.

But not all of them were smart enough for that.

Two people stayed obtusely ignorant of the threat of the girl guarding the door and kept right on walking with their head high.

The girl stared. One guy caught her panicked attention. Heck, why was the guy idiotic enough to not follow his friends and scurry away? She closed the gate with a bang, holding it in place with her strong grasp.

Oh, she knew that guy, alright. Although she had two years on him, his near-juvenile exploits never escaped her. Of course, how the heck was it supposed to escape her when his friends had taunted her just a few weeks ago? Although, at the time, the guy had merely been an amused bystander, and on no accounts was involved with the taunting, she still felt his presence and it annoyed her that he wasn't even deeming it worthy to join his friends. But secretly, she was relieved that he had not been involved. God knew she would've punched him black and blue if he so much as insulted her. And who knew what scary things he would've done in retaliation.

SCHOOL PREFECT FOUND MOLESTED IN SEX STORE.

STUDENT BEAT UP TO A BLUE, PREFECT (PERFECT?) PULP.

Oh, who knew the extent of their cruelty?

"Open the grill," said he.

She gripped the grill tight, struggling to keep it closed as he pulled it apart. "No. You're a late- comer, right?" she asked. Against her baser instincts, she kept her voice light. It sounded as if she were merely enquiring, and not convicting them of murder with a word.

"I need to go to the toilet," he argued, still pulling the gate apart. Slowly, the grill gates inched apart. Desperate now, she grabbed the two parts of the gate with iron-hard grips. The gate opened up enough to allow the guy some space to move.

But oh heck, the girl's arm was blocking the way.

No obstacle was high enough for him. He rammed on, pushing against the girl's arm, gripping the arm tightly. "I need to go to the toilet," he insisted.

The girl struggled, as he kept on pushing. At first, the pain had not registered, but when it did, she looked at him. "Kenapa you kasar sangat dengan I?"

Why are you being so rough with me?

That seemed to have snapped him out of his bull-headed tenacity. He looked up, just as her arm slid away. The look on her face, in her eyes showed credulity and bewilderment. And something bizarrely akin to betrayal.

Why are being this way with me? I expected you to be better than this. Much, much better. This isn't the real you.

The message in her eyes seemed to hit him full-throttle.

He walked past her, turning to face her, his face a mask of remorse. "Sorry," he apologised, hands held palm-to-palm in a sign of apology. She kept her eyes on him, looking shell-shocked and hurt at his rough treatment.

As he kept on walking, trying to keep up with his friend, he kept on apologising. Every few step, he'd utter a word of apology.

When he rounded the corner and vanished from view, the girl's eyes widened with true bewilderment.

Did the notoriously rude male just apologize to her? More than once?

She laughed at the stupendous chain of events, still bemused.

Then, as moments passed, her laughter turned to that of pure unadulterated joy.

Hence, that explained just exactly why she was distracted throughout her Bahasa Malaysia exams.


_________________________________


Chi: Shucks, I knew that I shud've snatched your bro when I first met him

Me: I thought you hated him.


Chi: God, I lurrrve him because his skin was so white!

Me: Whoa, down, girl. I have light skin too. Do you lurrrve me? XD

Chi: Oh yeah... come to think of it, you're white too. Marry me, Farna and let's kick gravity's ass together.

Me: Haha. Let's let's. And there's no need to worry about babies. We can adopt. xD

Chi: Yeah. So cool that we don't have to worry about stretch marks and labour pains. Who cares what people think? We SO belong together.



See? Me and Chi. We SO belong together. Although, I'm sure our impending marriage would cause heart-attacks and hypertension.

This is the third fifth marriage proposal I've received so far. I'm kinda proud of the track record, although it's only with girls. Hah.

Me: See? I have charm.

Eugene: Your charm seems to only work on girls.

Me: Ouch.


I'll give you space,
And I won't be around when you figure out exactly what you asked for-
Space.

2 comments:

Tarrant Kwok said...

Ouch indeed. Bwahaha

Faranza Syns said...

oh shush, Tarrant. It works both ways, and you know it. The effect is just too devastating when I work my charm on males that I refrain from doing so.

Someone has to take pity on you males, after all.