November 25, 2008

J.u.l.i.a.

As dictated by Faranza Syns

Granted, I didn't really compose this beforehand. Granted, you're the best affair I've ever had. Granted, when they put us together, we heat up the room.

But little would I ever take you for granted.



J.u.l.i.a.




Where shall I start? When I barely realise the moment we bonded. It's one of those silent things that creep up on you unawares. It's one of serendipitous moments when you look, and you find something wonderful.

When did it all begin? I can barely recall.

Maybe it was the tie-tugging scenes? Maybe it was when we exchanged knowing looks? Maybe it was kismet.

Haha, okay, that sounds wrong. And this whole thing sounds so down. Shall I lift it up a bit?

Julia is... an enigma unsolved. Have you ever tried to get into this girl's inner psyche? It's tough to handle. She fancies herself a rebel. I guess that may be the case if she were really bisexual. What was it, Julia? You haven't told your mother about US yet? Don't worry, darling, it'll just give your mother heart palpitations.

I've known Julia since form 3. Never heard of her since before form 3. Irregardless of that, I don't think were close even when I entered the 3A. But due to some quirky twists of fate, we bonded. I believe it began with Julia's sudden scandalous habit of tie-tugging.

But then again, she wasn't the first to tug my tie. I believe it was Suet Ling who did it first. Nevertheless, she performs it to perfection. Haha.

And then we entered 4 Sc Alpha. My, my, did it start getting hot and heavy then. *wink*

Julia is the only girl who consistently does her homework. Yes, all us other lowly creatures have our down moments when we prefer to go around perfecting the art of plagiarism. But Julia, for some reason or other, finishes her own homework. And graciously grants permission for us to use her work as an example to follow in our dangerous mission of plagiarism.

Not that we never got caught. We did get caught. Darn it.

But that didn't stop us, did it?

At first, our affair took wing at Friendster. I believe it began getting risque after I beat her at arm wrestling. Then after a very hilarious message that revolved around 'awak buang tahi, saya buang bunga' and reply of 'awak buang bunga, saya buang minyak wangi', we began our clandestine meetings.

One of those memories:

Julia:
oh no, pls dont...
see la, i have panda eyes thanks to u...
been waiting for TOO long...
why, sayang?
wont u ever be faithful to me?
`juls muax u

Farna:
i was there! i waited so so long!
where did u wait? what? u waited at the tree under the street lamp?
I thought u were supposed to wait under the street lamp BESIDE the tree.
omg sayang.
how could u make tht mistake?
it looks like we're not meant to be together. XD
lol
~farna muahx jules~
p/s: unfaithful?!

I remember (friggin hell, I do a lot of 'I remembers' these days) when we had our trip to the toilet, and exchanged informations about our flings. Julia has her *ahem* Garry *ahem* and I had my *ahem* whatever-his-name-was *ahem*. Though me and Julia have a very delightful relationship, we have many side-flings.

Despite her "supposed" promiscuity, she's pretty loyal. Well, she stays loyal to her affairs, that is. I mean, that's something, right? Haha.

Julia is KIASU. Yes, in capital letters. But her kiasu-ness guides her on the right path. She's a smartass now, isn't she?

We once sat together with Afzan for a group study before the Sejarah paper. We had to memorise something about Mesopotamia. Would you believe it; she used her bottle to explain the whole thing so that I would remember. It did help in a way, although she spoke too fast till I only caught snatches of it. When I yak when I'm supposed to study, she'd go "Shhh shhh! Study."

I don't think you know how much that meant to me, Julia. Instead of dwindling away my time to useless yakking, you grabbed me by the horns and made me study. I needed that then. So, thank you.

No matter how many times we've been cohorts in scandalous endeavours, she usually sets me straight when I'm wrong.

Julia,

You're pretty; but everyone knows that beauty is only skin deep.

Your intelligence, your ability to focus and reach your goals, your ability to rebel in a very un-rebel kind of way,

That's all you.

Uniquely you.

And now I'm thinking:

Did I just blow it all to hell for you?

If I hadn't dragged you to walk around school to recover my lost books, you might have been sitting for your Visual Arts exam. And you wouldn't have gotten the blatantly unfair results.

If I hadn't been such a selfish SOB you would be crowing about your high position right now, not down in the slums, hiding away.

But you don't seem to be blaming me.

I guess that's one strike against me and one score for you.

No matter what they say about you, Julia, know this:

Alpha, Beta or Gamma, it doesn't matter. What matters is the finishing line. Whether you come first or last right now, don't give a rat's patootie. Because in the end, I'm sure you'll fly higher than any of us, reach further than anyone, faster than lightning.

Because you, just you,

are special.

So show the world a brave front,

Cry if you must,

But thumb your nose at the world,

And show that you,

Julia Pan Yen Yee,

Are strong.

And you can jump higher than anyone.

And one day reach the stars.



And know that I'll always love you. All of us always will.



Would you be happier if you were someone together?
Would the sun shine brighter if you played a bigger part?
Would you be wonderful if it wasn't for the weather ?
I think you're gonna be just fine .

Would You Be Happier - The Corrs.

0 comments: