October 18, 2008

Quit Playing Games

As dictated by Faranza Syns

And yes, I have survived my Ed Board duty. With blisters on my feet. I'm never wearing high-heels again. Well, on duty, that is. I was gonna wear my sneakers, but since it was somewhat a formal function, I thought it'd be better if I wore something more formal.

Silly me.

Julian was there too. Yay! Haha. I went to ParkRoyal, and waited for Laine (who was terribly late). Then, while me and this other guy were like playing with our phones (me and him both across of each other). It was the typical sign of someone looking for another person, or waiting for someone; not wanting to seem out of place, we fiddled with our phones, calling here and there. Lol. So, whilst I was waiting, I saw lots of teachers. Of course. Then, Pn. Jasbir walked down the corridor. And she saw me.

Pn. Jasbir: Eh, Farhana! Are you the photographer for today?

Me: =_=''... err... no, teacher. I'm covering the event.

Pn. Jasbir: Ah, I see. Nice top, by the way. *Touches the fabric of my top*

Me: *Beam* Thanks!


Yeah, people. She likes my top. Nyeekkk!

I know that means my taste is nearly like hers, but what the heck. Haha. Syam liked it, too.


Syam: Hey! Ooh, nice top!


Yes, people. I am still considered funky, eventhough Pn. Jasbir said my top is nice.

So, after that, I waited for Laine. Then, while I was still fiddling my phone with the other guy, I looked up, and saw someone familiar. It took me a moment to focus.

"Julian!"

Lol.

Ju: o_O... eh? What're you doing here?

Me: Ed Board.

Ju: Ohhh..

Me: You?

Ju: Tech.

Me: Oh.


Okay, don't be fooled by our one-liners. Lol, we do talk up a storm when we meet. It was just that we were still surprised to see each other.

Then, sadly, we dissed Mr. Robert, among talking about other things. Hey, he might be nice, but he left most of the work that he needed to do to his students, you know. That's BAD.

So, me and Ju stuck to each other. We were like the only Fourth Formers there. You can understand how out of place we felt. But then, we talked and talked till we felt comfortable -- which didn't take long. About half-a-minute or so. XD

We yakked and yakked. Then, we called Laine.

She said she was near Pavillion.


Ju: I wonder how near her "near" is.
Me: Heck, she's near already?
Ju: No, she's near Pavillion.
Me: o_O... is that near??
Ju: If her "near" is 1 km, we're toast, la.
Me: Yup.


Hahaha.


The ceremony was about to start. So, me and Ju were standing near the entrance, still talking up a storm. Then, he looked over, and I looked over.

The Lady has arrived.

Laine looked more like a "Working Lady" than a photographer, as Ju puts it.



Laine: I feel weird.

Me: You look weird.

*

After Laine snapped a few pictures, she came back to me and Ju, and dragged both of us in front. "I feel awkward standing in front there all alone. Come with me."

After she felt "comfortable", she left me and Ju.

Me: *Looks up at Ju* .... should we be standing here, at the front?
Ju: ... I don't think so.
Me: ... should we stand at the back?
Ju: Yeah.


Lol XD.

We stood at the back, talking about Mr Robert, then Laine came back to our side.

We stared at her getup. She was wearing, in her own words, "An office shirt and a skirt".

We stared on. "You look like a grownup going to work intead of an edboard photographer."



Laine: The shirt is my mom's.
Me: Ah, now we understand why.
Laine: The skirt is my sister's.
Me: Oh, now we understand why.


All in all, the ceremony was okay. The pinnacle would be when they played James' presentation. Too bad Ju already went for Church practice (he had to perform at Church tomorrow or something). He was the director or the producer of the video. Lol. It was amazing. But I already saw it before everyone else did.

But it still gives me goosebumps.

Gongratulations to:

  • Julian Yee
  • Kessler
  • Julian Shane
  • Sze Kitt
  • Jeremy
  • IAN TENG
  • Nurul Nabila
  • Khairil
  • And others. ( XD can't remember the names of the whole team)
During the first time the whole thing was finished, I went to take a look (thus, explaining why I skipped Agama ;p). Then, the Senior Assistant of Administrations, Pn Ros came in. I was like "Crap, I'm skipping class." But I suppose one of the appeals of being a "Blue Shirt" is that no one questions your movements. Lol. So, she came in. "Is this the whole team?"

I ignored the question and pretended to do something else. Then, she started counting. "Eleven people per team?"

I just shut up and let the others answer.

Lol.

Then, she asked for the duration of the video.

"11 minutes," said Ju.

Yee Ming and me were standing side by side, then he turned to me. "11 minutes. 1 member do one minute. XD."

Yee Ming wasn't supposed to be involved, too, I think. Lol.

Yee Ming is super tall. Or maybe I'm super short. When I speak to him, I have to totally look up. Haha.

Once, at the canteen, I was buying food. Then, I turned and saw him. He was talking to Afzy or Nurul I think. Then, I stared at him. "No fair la... you're so tall."

He grinned that cheeky grin and then bent his knees until he's level with me.

Then he stood up again.

"Cannot la. I don't feel comfortable being so short."

Yes, Yee Ming. I know I'm short. No need to rub it in.

"When I'm tall I can see everything. But when I suddenly become short I can't see a thing."

Yes, Yee Ming. That's what us normally-short people suffer everyday.

By the way, must you be SO TALL?

Lol, not that I don't love that you're tall.


Yee Ming = Yao Ming?

;p


Tell me straight,
Truth, I beseech you,
Tell me now,
Or I'll be gone tomorrow.


0 comments: